Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Good PC Gaming headset?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

I need a headset so i can use voicechat in MW2, trying to decide with your co-op partner on which guard to shoot in Spec ops is tricky when all you have is a keyboard. "I thought i was supposed to shoot the dog!" "no i said shoot the guard!" "But you spelled guard R-O-G" "Well sorry, i made a typo". You get the idea.....

I would like it to be under 50 bucks, ive looked around but i never know if i should trust the reviews for some of these. The one im looking at is.....  
     http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Gaming-Headset-980233-0403/dp/B0001NYK1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258918290&sr=8-2    
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd

I'd go with these if you want a headset with a mic.

jango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jango

I went for one of these about a year ago .. it's under £25 in the UK and it's still going strong. Decent value for money.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mrhankey

i just recently bought a USB Microsoft Lifechat headset for $41 and it's a dream, great sound quality, etc...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie
    @Mikemcn: It would break like everything in your life
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By eldiax

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn
    @Absurd said:
    "I'd go with these if you want a headset with a mic. "

These are sennheisers, which everyone says is good, and i like the look, i might shoot for these
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shadowsquire

Yea I've got both a pair of THESE and THESE. If you don't mind spending a little bit more than some of the cheaper options, I would more than highly recommend the second pair (the turtle beach ones). I know it is technically an Xbox 360 headset, but the inputs are the exact same as a PC headset (it actually uses an adapter to be compatible with the 360) and just has a usb port to power it. Its probably the most comfortable and best sounding headsets I've ever owned. And if you have a 360 its a bonus as you can use these in place of speakers if you're playing by yourself (both sound and voice can be transmitted through them). And I'm also sure that you could find them cheaper somewhere else than BestBuy, I just linked there cause I'm lazy.

Meenuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meenuh
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By subject2change

Sennhesier HD555s with a clip on mic, quality headphones which you can use for other things compared to having a mic always attached. I have the IceMat Siberia In-Ear Headset microphone and I use the ear buds for my PSP, iPhone and DS. However the PC151s (150s when I had them until Nerdrage smashed them from WoW Arena's) were fantastic. Also used Plantronics DPS500 or something along those lines but they were USB and I wouldn't recommened USB headsets, thats just personal opinon.

I'd go Sennhesier over Logitech any day of the week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.