Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Green Man Gaming selling games in dollars for Swedish customers

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Okay, very specific thread and threadtitle, but here's the deal: Green Man Gaming is making it possible to purchase in dollars for Swedish customers. This is a huge deal for us, since it cuts prices in half compared to steam with their pre-order and coupon deals. Overall it's an amazing site as well - secure, reliable, trade ins, fast, great support, most games plug right into Steam, the coupons (seriously 20% off almost always in some sort of deal) and their own client for non-steam games is pretty allright. I've been buying games there for a while, in euros, because of their coupons and deals, which already made them a bit cheaper then Steam.

Here I might do something rulebreaking, I don't know. If you use this link (http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=fubeveha) I will get five dollars - but - so will you, when you create an account and purchase something. Is that okay? I mean, people that create accounts do gain a benefit as well. If not, please remove this part of the post and let the thread be since this is intended to be a heads up to fellow swedes, not adspam. All I could find in the FAQ is no advertising/spamming of personal sites, and I have absolutely no affiliation with GMG.

Please just use this normal link if this isn't okay or if you just don't want no part of it - www.greenmangaming.com

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By phrosen

Only swedes? I too, as a fellow European would like some of these magical dollar-prices. Boo!

But yea, greenmangaming is awesome. They seem to never not have a 20% off coupon right on the front page.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@phrosen:

For now at least. I asked them on Twitter a few weeks ago why their europrices were so inflated - like 24 pounds, 24 dollars and 45 euros. I couldn't understand, I mean, even if Steam does it all wrong it's at least 45 = 45. It had something to do with contracts, but at least these dudes are small enough and personal that they told me.

Then they did something weird. They set my account to use dollars. I was like, what the fuck, are they risking shit over this? Apparently it seems they found a loophole in their contracts or that they simply had overlooked that option, and now just did that for all swedes.

My guess is that it will be the same for all of Europe, if they can, since they will have a taste of shittons of money today. Their site has been hammered all day since the announcement, since we seriously have to spend 20€ instead of like 45€ for the same service (most games are Steamworks) - that's after coupons. I guess they make less money per purchase, but the sheer volume they will be pushing is going to be astounding.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SlasherMan

Not a Swede, but I'll second everything mentioned here about GMG. Pre-ordered Deus Ex HR from them for $30, and got $5 in store credit. One heck of a deal.
    I've definitely been looking at their site a lot more frequently now, and looks like it'll be my place for digital pre-orders.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

Unfortunately it is more expensive than Steam for me being English, but hell that is some kind of deal for you Swedes.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kyrieee

This is ridiculous, Batman AC in dollars with a coupon is less than 50% of what it would cost on Steam o_O

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe

And this is why digital storefronts have every opportunity to kick the shit out of retail when it comes to PC games. Inflated prices for other countries really don't make a lick of sense when it's all digital.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

That's actually pretty cool.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By benjaebe
    @viiral said:

@benjaebe said:

And this is why digital storefronts have every opportunity to kick the shit out of retail when it comes to PC games. Inflated prices for other countries really don't make a lick of sense when it's all digital.

umm.. come again? what inflated prices? unless you live in a country with shitty currency value then its the oppesit.

You know. Australia. Or anyone that uses Euros on Steam where 1 Euro = 1 Dollar even though the real exchange rate is about 1 euro per 1 and a half dollars. It adds up.
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By JudgeDread
    Currency has also changed in France and Russia. 

From my post before I saw this one: 

Using the rebate codes on their page I purchased Dead IslandDeus Ex HR Augmented Edition and Red Orchestra 2 Deluxe edition (all Steamworks games) for a total of 110$/78€. On Steam this would have cost me 199$/140,5€. They always have various discount codes, look on their main page, game information screens, their twitter and facebook and you can also find codes by searching the internet. 

Current codes: 
    20SUM-MERSA-VINGS (20%) 
    EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ (dicsount on zombie games including dead island) 
    READY-UPDEA-ISLAN (Dead Island specific code)

Greenman games on steam: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2046945 

Also a reminder, Direct2Drive (Check out their current bundle sale), Gamersgate and Impulse also sells Steamworksgames so be sure to check those sites out as well. And if you are willing to wait for snailmail you can purchase cheap Steamworks games from online web stores like amazon.co.ukhutgameplayhmv and zavvi
    Retail games on steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601 

All forests have ponds, but do ponds have forests?
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By emergency

Yeah I got managed to get Red orchestra 2 and Dead Island pre-ordered for £36 overall. Was well chuffed.

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BounceDK

Steam sucks.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I insane if I prefer buying physical copies for $100 just because I like having boxes? 

But holy shit! 300 SEK for a new game is fucking bananas.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SomeJerk

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

Am I insane if I prefer buying physical copies for $100 just because I like having boxes?

You're not alone in being insane, if you are. Love a bookshelf put to good use.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Chemin

Seems really nice. I signed up this instant. I love steam, and I have a shit ton of games there, bought on sales, but the prices for new games are shit. And I've never bought a new game there, ever. GMG on the other hand makes it a different story. I will keep my eyes peeled.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@viiral said:

@benjaebe said:

@viiral said:

@benjaebe said:

umm.. come again? what inflated prices? unless you live in a country with shitty currency value then its the oppesit.

You know. Australia. Or anyone that uses Euros on Steam where 1 Euro = 1 Dollar even though the real exchange rate is about 1 euro per 1 and a half dollars. It adds up.

Digital prices are inflated yes. retail are not.

Retail prices are inflated compared to the US. You really need to check yourself before you spend yourself (too much)...or something.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JudgeDread

new code for 20% discount on greenmangaming 

GREEN-MANGA-MING1
    supposed to work until monday
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sjupp

@Ertard: Forgot to thank you for this. EVERYTHING SUDDENLY BECOMES 40% CHEAPER <3

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@Sjupp: It is indeed fucking AWESOME.

@JudgeDread: Thank you!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sjupp

Just bought Dead Island for 216 SEK ($33) which would have cost me 450 SEK ($69). Ludicrous!

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JudgeDread

New code 
    Football Manager 2012: GOALS-GOALS-GOALS 
    apparently the price and code rebate for FM 2012 varies regarding on your region (ip-adress) so I am not sure that the goals code makes the game cheaper than  GREEN-MANGA-MING1

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JudgeDread

new discount code on greenmangaming WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC 20% discount on various titles, click on link to go to campaign page. Though according to neogaf the code works on some other games as well.

If you are not a member of greenmangaming you can use mine or retards referal link (see previous page) and recieve 5$ off your next purchase.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Funkydupe

What currency does Sweden use now with GMG? Were you guys moved to Euros this year?

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NicksCorner

I live in Denmark and I just checked GoG.com.

Prices were indeed in Dollars ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.