Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

HAF-X or Antec 1200?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm gonna order a new build today. I was planning to go with the Antec 1200 case originally, but now the HAF-X just came out.

Anyone have a preference with these? I like the look of the 1200 a whole lot more, but in terms of space, HAF-X looks a lot more roomy. Is it worth spending the extra $70 on the HAF-X? Would I really get more cooling? Or should I just go with whatever looks coolest?

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SlasherMan

The Antec 1200 has plenty of room and plenty of cooling, so if you like its look more, then there's really no reason not to go for it. I doubt the HAF would make a tangible difference in cooling.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

The HAF 932 and Antec 1200 were on par with each other; since the HAF-X improves upon the HAF 932, I would have to say the HAF X is better. However, many people prefer the aesthetics of the Antec 1200, and the benefits of the HAF X aren't large enough to make it a necessary buy. Basically, choose the one you like the most form-wise. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

What about the coolmaster storm sniper? Antec 1200 isn't a bad looking case, lots of ppl like the antec design.

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By n00bosaurusRex

I loooove my 1200.  You definitely don't need to worry about room cause its a monster.  Be warned that your rig will be super heavy, so if you are planning on taking it to LAN parties you might want to look at something else.  I think its about 38 pounds with nothing in it.

I don't know much about the HAF-X but I can tell you that the 1200 is a great buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, thanks everyone. I placed my order for my first build today. I decided to go with the 1200 as I really just didn't care for the HAF-X design that much.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Just worry about cable management, however it's a very famous design for the antec 1200. The thing is like the biggest case you ever seen.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By monetarydread

It all depends on your tastes. I have gone with CoolerMaster on the last three PC's that I have built, so I can say that you can't go wrong with the HAF-X. It has better cable management options, I like the hard drive tool-less system, USB 3.0 built in, and my god are there some big fans.
    Then again, I have heard some great things about Antec cases - specifically the 1200 -  and at $70 cheaper you can't go wrong with that purchase. In the end it all comes down to aestetics- which you say you prefer the Antec, and I agree- price, and if you are going to be doing overclocking.

Edit - If your build is going to include an SSD, buy the HAF-X. The HAF-X has a front loading, plug-n-play slot for SSD's or 2.5"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.