Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Headsets?

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yit

As we all know, headsets are optimal for both Skype (or other voice services) as well as in-game communication. No body likes microphones that echo back noise from the room, as well as from the speakers.

I recently lost my treasured Halo 2 branded over-the-head headset which I snagged on Buy.com for a whopping 10 bucks. It lasted me a year, but I now look for something more:

I am looking for a headset with good audio quality (good for music and such) and a passable mic (understandable to the listener on the other end.) Preferably as cheap as possible.

Anyone have any recommendations?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

I use a great pair of headphones (sennheiser hd 595) with a xbox mic (draped around my neck) plugged into a 360 controller synced with my PC.

I find this method optimal because I don't have to worry about having to find a headset with good audio quality. However if cords piss you off you could go with a bluetooth headset and just use the mic with a nice pair of headphones. Windows sees these devices as separate sound cards.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By subject2change

I use a similar method, Sennheiser HD555's with a Clip On microphone that came with the Ice Mat In Ear Headset. I use the ear buds for my iPod, PSP and DS and the Microphone and extentsion cable for my PC.

If you want a relatively cheap and durable headset, the Sennheiser PC151s are a great choice. I had them for about 3 years before I ended up breaking them over nerdrage.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By skrutop

I have an MS LifeChat LX-3000 that I got for $40.  I use it for teleconferences at work and absolutely love it.  The large cans drown out the sound of my coworkers complaining all of the time.

Firefox1948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Firefox1948

I am currently using the Creative Labs Fatality headset. It has a detachable mike that bends, and is very comfortable for the full specs check

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

Cheap or expensive?  

If you looking for something cheap just pick up a $25 Logitech pair, work just fine.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Firefox1948 said:
    " I am currently using the Creative Labs Fatality headset. It has a detachable mike that bends, and is very comfortable for the full specs check
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051
    "
    I use this. 
    Cost about £30 for me or so, awesome mic, quality is fairly good, the only problem, is I have medium sized ears (as my girlfriend thinks it's odd, that I have neither large or small, but medium sized), and after wearing them for a few hours or so, they start to hurt, so if you game for hours on end as I do sometimes be warned, you might get achy ears.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Astro Gaming A40 System >>

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuattroRS6

I use a Bose headphones with my TV and Astro A40's with my PC.  Neither of them are cheap by any means.  I have always had good experiences with Logitech and Sennheiser in the past and you can get some of their sets pretty cheap and they are very good for the money.  Newegg.com is a great place to order from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.