Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help! Enabling audio ports in front and back panels

Queequeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Queequeg

Is it possible to enable the front and back panel audio ports to use them at the same time?  Both of them work fine when the other is not enabled.  I have my speakers plugged in the back and my headphones plugged in the front.  I don't want to keep having to go into the control panel to disable the other one when I want to switch between speakers and headphones.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I have a solution, use an audio splitter adapter cable thing, which would split a stero headphone in two, so you can plug both of them in and turn off your speakers when your not using it. Headphone goes into one of them, the other one is a line to your speakers. I have one of these adapters and it works.  

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

First we need to know what kind of sound card you have...  because otherwise your asking us to read your mind.

Queequeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Queequeg

No dedicated sound card.  Just onboard sound from a gigabyte ep45-ud3r motherboard.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

ok so you have Realtek, you want to disable front audio jack detection and that will make audio go through both front and back jacks at the same time. 

sound card
    sound card

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.