Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help me reinstall Windows on SSD

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I built this PC at the beginning of the year and I didn't want to pony up the cash for an SSD right away. Amazon recently had some good deals so I picked up a 240gb SSD and I want to put Windows on it. Right now I have a 3tb HDD that I have partitioned. The C: partition is 100gb and has Windows installed and pretty much nothing else. The rest of the 3tb drive is E: and is where I have everything else installed. What I'd like to do is make the SSD with Windows installed the C: drive, and just get rid of that partition all together and add it to the already existing E: drive. Any good tutorials out there that could walk me through that?

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By colorbrandon

I'm pretty sure it's as simple as:

1. Put in your windows OS installation CD

2. Go into your BIOS and change the boot sequence so that your CD drive is first in the boot order

3. Choose to install windows onto your new SSD which should be recognized as a hard drive

4. Change the boot order in your BIOS so that now your SSD is first.

You may have to do some drive formatting in the process, but it should'nt be too hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.