Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help me remember the name of this old Space RTS

hi_im_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hi_im_rob

I played this RTS game online with a friend many years ago. It must've been a good game because I still think about it from time to time but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

I'm just going to list off what I remember from it:

• I believe its a mid/late-90's era PC game
    • The game is played in a 2D side perspective (think R-Type), it takes place entirely in space
    • When the game starts, you control a mothership
    • There are 4 races, each with unique colour (red, blue, green and yellow i think). Aside from slight aesthetic differences, they function the same
    • The mothership had a 'drone' that would automatically fly out of it and retrieve nearby minerals that matched your race's colour
    • The mothership spent minerals on buildings, which produced units like fighters and carriers (typical RTS tech tree stuff)
    • One of the buildings was an 'academy'. If your units sat beside it for long enough they would level up.
    • I believe it was a multiplayer-only game
    • You would have to send your mothership farther and farther away from your base to find more minerals which created a risk/reward scenario

This is all I can remember for now.

If you know the name of this game please let me know!

Thanks.

BrokenInglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think this is exactly the game I'm also looking for ><

BrokenInglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.