Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help with Corsair H60 clicking noise

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the Corsair H60 water pump (cooler) for PC.

I have been experiencing a 'clicking' sound coming from the pump. The sound emits during desktop tasks, and not just gaming.

It's annoying. I've read multiple threads and can't find a solution. The sound is definitely not coming from the GPU as others mentioned. I have checked the GPU (GTX770) and I'm experiencing no coil whine etc (and no other sounds from the card). The sound is not being emitted by the HDD.

I have seen some solutions involving lowering the RPM of the H60. Apparently, running it between 3600-3700rpm will stop the production of this noise.

Therefore I have 3 questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    2. How would I go about lowering the RPM of the H60?
    3. If you have experienced any other similar noises from other components, do you have any other suggestions?

Rig:

MSI Multiclass II Genie II P67A-C45 ( I think thats the correct description)

Intel 2500k i5 processor

Nvidia GTX770 4gb

8Gb DDR5 Ram

350gb HDD (soon to be upgraded)

Corsair H60

Thanks in advance for any solutions given.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please ignore.

I was able to resolve the issue by laying the PC on its side.

Hardywells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds like a crazy solution. I'd make sure its always running at full pump speed if its plugged into your cpu fan have it set to 100% (or full speed) in your bios. Lowering it can cause more issues. worst case just rma it. Corsair is really great about warranties (most of my comps parts are corsair and i've never had an issue.)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

So it sounds like it's just your fans spinning awkwardly. Corsair has software specifically for temperature monitoring and fan control for their liquid coolers. You could try downloading that and adjusting fan speeds until the noise goes away. Seems like a bit of a hassle to turn your PC on its side.

Buying higher quality replacement fans is also an option. There are much quieter ones than what come stock.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

@jjweatherman said:

So it sounds like it's just your fans spinning awkwardly. Corsair has software specifically for temperature monitoring and fan control for their liquid coolers. You could try downloading that and adjusting fan speeds until the noise goes away. Seems like a bit of a hassle to turn your PC on its side.

Buying higher quality replacement fans is also an option. There are much quieter ones than what come stock.

I've read that about their fans

Also, make sure nothing (like say a wire) is hitting a fan blade. That I would actually rule out first.

If it the plumbing part of your CPU cooler making that noise, I say return...

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the h60. From what I understand, the pops you are hearing are made by air pockets being pumped through the system. I hear them too. I'm not sure there's a solution.

If you hear then often, I'd try an RMA. I only hear them once in a great while. My temps are stable at an overclock of 4.2ghz on a 2500k.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.