Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help with improving my PC!

• 60 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59fb4bc479490
    deactivated-59fb4bc479490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

BELIEVE ME OR NOT, when running the fps test thing that marks down the fps for over 5 minutes, the average went from 35 to 45.   As I said before, captain dense, recording a game 1280x720 with no compression while running the game takes an effect on the system.  It ran the game fine, just like it ran the other 10 or so that I uploaded (mass effect, far cry 2, batman:AA).  I don't post on here for your approval, and I defenitely don't post to hear you talk shit.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By ajamafalous
    @nabokovfan87: Holy fucking shit dude, you've been nothing but hostile this entire thread.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Lunarbunny
    @Wunder_:  I suggest at this point we just ignore Captain Logical Fallacy and ask... has anything improved your performance yet?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @nabokovfan87 said:

" BELIEVE ME OR NOT, when running the fps test thing that marks down the fps for over 5 minutes, the average went from 35 to 45.   As I said before, captain dense, recording a game 1280x720 with no compression while running the game takes an effect on the system.  It ran the game fine, just like it ran the other 10 or so that I uploaded (mass effect, far cry 2, batman:AA).  I don't post on here for your approval, and I defenitely don't post to hear you talk shit. "

The FPS test thing is a fly through and that is a GPU test, it's not indicative of in game performance.  If you do the CPU test I'll bet you get less than 20 frames a second.  More to the point this is how Crysis runs on my 9600GT equipped Core i5 750 system (notice how much smoother it is and I'll bet you have a better GPU than I do too):-

Select 720 for a better idea of how the detail should look too of course Youtube compresses some of that away.  Also, I apologise for the black screen @ 3:49, I have no idea why that happened because my source uncompressed FRAPS 3.03 vid didn't have that but VEGAS somehow screwed the pooch on it.  It's only for a couple of secs and the audio still continues anyway.  I also apologise for my noob like playing but I wanted to show you how the animations should look instead of how many frames are dropped in your vid.  Framerate is between 25-35 frames/sec @ 1360x768 in Very High detail / Windows 7 x64 / Nvidia drivers 196.21.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was talking about the fps recording tool build into fraps.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @nabokovfan87 said:
    " I was talking about the fps recording tool build into fraps. "
    Bullshit then mate because there's no way your PC is getting that framerate on a single core.  Your video is jerky as hell and quite clearly indicates that your machine is struggling to maintain double digit frame rates.  
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By korwin
    @SeriouslyNow:  It runs worse than Rogue Warrior on the 360 :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, what it means it is running below 30, and thats pretty much evident because of the way I set the recording....

If I had the system I would take a video of it with specs and everything,  All thats left is the cpu/ram/video card

and these  http://www.flickr.com/photos/12835742@N07/sets/72157613595458366/

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By wunder_
    @Lunarbunny:  Hey guys; thanks for the help! I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and may be getting some more RAM (DDR2, my Motherboard can't fit DDR3 :(... ) I've only run WoW so far but I'm running on Max settings and my RAM is holding up fine with no FPS drops! I've update when I've tested more stuff, but thanks for the help :)
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @nabokovfan87 said:
    " no, what it means it is running below 30, and thats pretty much evident because of the way I set the recording....  If I had the system I would take a video of it with specs and everything,  All thats left is the cpu/ram/video card  and these  http://www.flickr.com/photos/12835742@N07/sets/72157613595458366/ "
    Yeah sure mate, tell yourself anything you want. That video is running at well below 30 frames a second, let alone 20. Motion blur hides most of the framedrop in Crysis, but when, as in your video, the game is struggling to manage double digit performance it drops frames to compensate. Crysis needs and makes use of multi core CPUs.  That machine's CPU just isn't up to the job.  Also those pics show awful cable routing and a stock cooler on the CPU, hardly what I'd call a good set up.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lunarbunny
    @Wunder_: Glad your issue seems to be resolved! Sometimes the easiest fix is just to nuke it from orbit (not to say there aren't other non-destructive ways to resolve it).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.