Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help with Windows key disabling on my CMStorm Quickfire

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Troispoint

So I just purchased the CMStorm Quick fire Rapid with Cherry MX Brown switches. And for some reason, when I press F9 (which activates the 'GAME' mode key, which supposedly disables the Windows key) it doesn't do anything. There's even a light on that key, and it doesn't turn on when I hit it. Unlike my Caps Lock key that does light on when I press it. I've looked in the manual and I haven't found anything useful to help me. So clearly I'm missing something or that key is defective.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Did you install the drivers/software, if not, your computer is probably recognizing it as a regular keyboard and none of the extra features will work.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Troispoint

@kidavenger said:

Did you install the drivers/software, if not, your computer is probably recognizing it as a regular keyboard and none of the extra features will work.

Yeah apparently they dont have actual software for it, but I went on their site in the support section of the product and found out how. It's by holding down the FN key that you can activate it. What is weird is that there is no mention of it in the user guide provided with the keyboard itself. You actually have to dig it out of their website. Odd. Thx anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.