Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Hot Flash Games: 11/04/10

matthamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By matthamilton

So... I suppose I never would have even started this since the new GB quests system... but now since I get an achievement now, I guess I should make one! Anyways, I am totally into a lot of flash games here on the internet, and I thought I should share a few of my favourites from the past few months. 

Robot Unicorn Attack

This will make you SO, SO HAPPY.
    Robot Unicorn Attack is a game I can safely call: unique. Reading it on paper, a game akin to the one button stylings of Canabalt, and, umm, Barbie Horse Adventure, you try and safely guide one unnamed unicorn through an untitled perilous land of rainbows, dolphins and pure, pure love. Now I know some of you may read that last sentence and be instantly turned off, but there is something about this little game that captures your little heart and soul and throws it out of your body in the first 30 seconds of play. Is it the amazing soundtrack from Erasure? Is it the colour scheme? Is it the incredible amount of overwhelming joy that you experience, love and cherish for the rest of your life? 13 million plays can't be wrong.  

Continuity

Each level is made up of seperate pieces, there are 8 here.
    Continuity is a platform game, except it isn't. I mean sure, you have a character, and you control it very much like a 2D platformer, but it's more about the pieces of the level around the character. In a sentence, each level is created of several rectangular shaped sections, and it's your job to guide your character around the different pieces, but what makes it interesting is your added ability to move these around the character, allowing you to jump from one slide to another slide quite easily (when it lets you). Once you get into it, the game actually uses this really well, creating some difficult and clever puzzles which are never too hard. Combine all of this with an awesome visual style and its hard to fault. 

Specter Spelunker Shrinks

As your character changes size, time slows and speeds up at will also.
    SSS is similar to Continuity, but also a whole lot different. Again, this is primarily a 2D platformer, but with the added gimmick of being able to shrink and grow yourself infinitely. This leads to some pretty interesting gameplay, not puzzle-y like Continuity, but just more interesting and more fun. Being able to change size like this also affects the speed that the different obstacles are travelling at in the game, so shrinking down also has these extra benefits. But the most exciting part? The developer insists that this is only the first prototype, so there will hopefully be more to come. 

Infectonator: World Dominator

ZOMBIES!11!!1 That is all.
    Everyone loves zombies, right? EVERYONE DOES. Left 4 Dead has been extremely popular, and heck, there are even several flash game websites already dedicated to serving zombie games! So what makes I:WD so different? Well, the basic premise of the game is to infect as many people on screen as possible, but you can only infect the number of people inside your reticule at one time. There are also people fighting against the hordes (with guns) who will probably get in your way. So, it's kind of a mix of Peggle's one shot system, a lot of foreplanned strategy and a lot of character grinding. It feels almost of a PopCap quality, and will squeeze away every last minute you planned to do something today. Also, zombies.  

Robot Wants Kitty

That robot totally wants that kitty.
    RWK is a flash metroidvania. Many of you may be turned off by that sentence, but RWK is also a very good metroidvania. Situating yourself in an untitled maze of nothingness, an unnamed robot is desperately searching for an unnamed kitten. You see it right at the start of the game, but in true metroidvania style, you must go around the entire world looking for the powerups that will help you find the powerups that will help you find the powerups in order to rescue it. In spite of it's generic-ness, RWK has a brilliant visual style and also its a metroidvania. It may not appeal to everyone, but it sure may appeal to a lot of you out there.

AND THAT IS IT. Hope you enjoyed it and will enjoy the games (I will enjoy the achievement points, that's for sure).

/Mopsical

matthamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matthamilton

So... I suppose I never would have even started this since the new GB quests system... but now since I get an achievement now, I guess I should make one! Anyways, I am totally into a lot of flash games here on the internet, and I thought I should share a few of my favourites from the past few months. 

Robot Unicorn Attack

Robot Unicorn Attack is a game I can safely call: unique. Reading it on paper, a game akin to the one button stylings of Canabalt, and, umm, Barbie Horse Adventure, you try and safely guide one unnamed unicorn through an untitled perilous land of rainbows, dolphins and pure, pure love. Now I know some of you may read that last sentence and be instantly turned off, but there is something about this little game that captures your little heart and soul and throws it out of your body in the first 30 seconds of play. Is it the amazing soundtrack from Erasure? Is it the colour scheme? Is it the incredible amount of overwhelming joy that you experience, love and cherish for the rest of your life? 13 million plays can't be wrong.  

Continuity

Continuity is a platform game, except it isn't. I mean sure, you have a character, and you control it very much like a 2D platformer, but it's more about the pieces of the level around the character. In a sentence, each level is created of several rectangular shaped sections, and it's your job to guide your character around the different pieces, but what makes it interesting is your added ability to move these around the character, allowing you to jump from one slide to another slide quite easily (when it lets you). Once you get into it, the game actually uses this really well, creating some difficult and clever puzzles which are never too hard. Combine all of this with an awesome visual style and its hard to fault. 

Specter Spelunker Shrinks

SSS is similar to Continuity, but also a whole lot different. Again, this is primarily a 2D platformer, but with the added gimmick of being able to shrink and grow yourself infinitely. This leads to some pretty interesting gameplay, not puzzle-y like Continuity, but just more interesting and more fun. Being able to change size like this also affects the speed that the different obstacles are travelling at in the game, so shrinking down also has these extra benefits. But the most exciting part? The developer insists that this is only the first prototype, so there will hopefully be more to come. 

Infectonator: World Dominator

Everyone loves zombies, right? EVERYONE DOES. Left 4 Dead has been extremely popular, and heck, there are even several flash game websites already dedicated to serving zombie games! So what makes I:WD so different? Well, the basic premise of the game is to infect as many people on screen as possible, but you can only infect the number of people inside your reticule at one time. There are also people fighting against the hordes (with guns) who will probably get in your way. So, it's kind of a mix of Peggle's one shot system, a lot of foreplanned strategy and a lot of character grinding. It feels almost of a PopCap quality, and will squeeze away every last minute you planned to do something today. Also, zombies.  

Robot Wants Kitty

RWK is a flash metroidvania. Many of you may be turned off by that sentence, but RWK is also a very good metroidvania. Situating yourself in an untitled maze of nothingness, an unnamed robot is desperately searching for an unnamed kitten. You see it right at the start of the game, but in true metroidvania style, you must go around the entire world looking for the powerups that will help you find the powerups that will help you find the powerups in order to rescue it. In spite of it's generic-ness, RWK has a brilliant visual style and also its a metroidvania. It may not appeal to everyone, but it sure may appeal to a lot of you out there.

AND THAT IS IT. Hope you enjoyed it and will enjoy the games (I will enjoy the achievement points, that's for sure).

/Mopsical

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Huh.

Cool stuff. Weird, but cool.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Great idea for a blog, hope you can keep this up! 

I spent way too long playing Infectonator - strangely addictive just trying to wipe absolutely everyone out...

matthamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By matthamilton
    @TheBeast:@emkeighcameron: 
    Thanks for the good comments! Hopefully I can continue this trend over the coming weeks, but if you're really interested in these types of games you can check out some other sources, such as TIGSource, Bytejacker, Indie Games Weblog etc.
     /Mopsical
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jack_daniels
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Cirdain

This is crazy

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By brodywb

Continuity and Infectonator are both surprisingly fun. I spent quite a bit of time playing both of those.
    ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ClownDetective

lol, I just posted the same sort of thing on my blog 

matthamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By matthamilton
    @ClownDetective:  I call BS, this was posted 3 days before yours. So technically you're copying me. Send me the cheque in pounds please. :P /jk 
    Yours is actually much much better. I'll still keep doing mine, though, and see how long I can keep going.
    ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ClownDetective
    @Mopsical said:

" @ClownDetective:  I call BS, this was posted 3 days before yours. So technically you're copying me. Send me the cheque in pounds please. :P /jk 
    Yours is actually much much better. I'll still keep doing mine, though, and see how long I can keep going. "

haha, I didn't noticed yours was posted first - I call the 'time travel' defence.  

Seriously though, there can never be too many posts about these games,  I really hope more people check them out, there's some AMAZING stuff being done. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.