How big is your steam library?

#1 Edited by warxsnake (2639 posts) -

How comfortable are you with Digital Distribution?  

Steam has been my main venue for purchasing games since 2004, I've got 185 games purchased through Steam + a couple dozen gifts.  

#2 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

only 77 :P

#3 Edited by MrKlorox (11208 posts) -

124 according to my community page.

I love it. Steam is solely responsible for my current PC gaming habits.

Not sure why my Civ 4 and expansions show up twice. I hope I didn't buy that pack twice... (edit: one is http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/ and the other is http://store.steampowered.com/app/34440/ that forwards to 3900. weird.)

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

I only have 18 games in my Steam library, sadly I can only keep a certain number on my machine at any one time.

#5 Posted by The_Philosopher (570 posts) -

86 games for me. I love Steam. I like having huge shelves full of games too though. But having them all just a click away is way more practical.
#6 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:
" Not sure why my Civ 4 and expansions show up twice. I hope I didn't buy that pack twice... (edit: one is http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/ and the other is http://store.steampowered.com/app/34440/ that forwards to 3900. weird.) "
I believe one is the Mac version.
#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

None.

Boxed games ftw!

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11208 posts) -
@ajamafalous:  Ah... weird. I really thought I noticed it duplicated well before the Mac Steam thing. Plus no other multiplatform (weird calling PC- Mac that) games are duplicated.
#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

i have like.. six games

#10 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Uh, like 80 in all I think.  I'm too lazy to check.

#11 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

I'm sitting at 156. A good chunk of em came out of the THQ Complete Pack, and almost all of them are from sales.

#12 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

I only just started using Steam after recently replacing my old computer so I can now return to PC gaming after a few years of consoles.

I'm currently sitting at 7 games, but it's quickly growing.

#13 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

I am currently sitting at 38 games.

#14 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

css

#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

If you have had steam for more than 56 seconds and you don't own at least 40 hundred games you are doing it wrong.  

steam sales are like crack. its actually kind of fucked up.

#16 Posted by warxsnake (2639 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" None.  Boxed games ftw! "
:O
#17 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

a ton, 14 :) but i love steam. I'm a newbie when it comes to pc gaming

#18 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

2!
Portal and the Audiosurf demo.  My computer can't run Portal, and Audiosurf runs poorly.  The only reason I got Steam was to get Portal when it was free.

#19 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @ajamafalous:  Ah... weird. I really thought I noticed it duplicated well before the Mac Steam thing. Plus no other multiplatform (weird calling PC- Mac that) games are duplicated. "
It happened to my list the day that they released Civ 4 on Mac, which, if you remember, didn't come with Steamplay at first (people weren't able to play it on their Macs even though it was advertised as such) and they added it a few days later.
#20 Posted by Korwin (2830 posts) -

168 I think... not in a position to check at the moment.

#21 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

a somewhat modest 33, though i do much prefer my video games in boxes. however, i am helplessly addicted to steam sales.

#22 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

I love Steam.  The vast majority of my games are through Steam.  But what happens 10 or 20 years from now?  If Valve goes out of business, what will happen to my games?  I got no discs!
#23 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

#24 Posted by SamFo (1515 posts) -

WTF i have like 10... You people are crazy!
#25 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

I thought I was crazy with my 153 games (some of them are duplicates though), but I see that it's rather common to have that amount.

#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

84 on Steam, 8 on Impulse, and 5 on the EA store. This is not enough, I need more.

#27 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

8. I have a crap computer so I can't buy many games from Steam. 

#28 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

I'm at 207 right now. Now, as for how many I've played, that's a whole another story. Someone needs to take my bank card away from me when the deals come around. 

#29 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

#30 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

12 installed, 18 total. Thankfully, being that my computer is 8 years old, I don't have to succumb to many of the temptations that Steam provides.

#31 Posted by warxsnake (2639 posts) -
@TMThomsen said:
" I thought I was crazy with my 153 games (some of them are duplicates though), but I see that it's rather common to have that amount. "
Yeah with the tons of game pack deals all over steam, its easy to accumulate large numbers of games. Whether people play them or not is a different story :P
#32 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

I have...five games:
-Civilization IV 
-Empire: Total War 
-Europa Universalis III
-Medieval II: Total War 
-Rome: Total War

I also own all the expansions for those games but I don't count them since they're really a part of said games. My computer is junk so I can't run almost anything that has released in the past four years or so. Empire: Total War pretty much just sits there unused since it's unplayable. When I finally get a new computer I'll probably get quite a few Steam games of things I've been wanting to play for years and can't. While I personally prefer physical media that's kind of impractical with PC titles since once you activate them the discs really arn't important anymore.

#33 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (134 posts) -

350 games. :o

#34 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

I only have the Orange Box and Kotor

#35 Posted by Hamst3r (4455 posts) -
267 games on Steam according to the community page.
#36 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I don't have a steam account. 0

#37 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

My library of 15 is very small compared to a lot of other people's libraries. I don't understand how you could have a Steam library so huge!

#38 Posted by DrBeardface (243 posts) -

Only 21 games.  Would be more, but it costs money.  If anyone wants to give me some money, I'll gladly increase my Steam library.

#39 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

#40 Posted by essi2 (141 posts) -

I have 174 games on steam... I haven't played alot of them though.

#41 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

#42 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

And here I thought I was a big man with my 66 titles. 

#43 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

31 and 11 in my Wishlist.

#44 Posted by TonicBH (268 posts) -

I have... about 53 or so. I have a few HL2 mods in the mix so that kinda skews the list a bit.

#45 Posted by Lazyaza (2169 posts) -

Think I'm somewhere around 90 now, most of them regular ($40-$60 range) games bought on steam.

#46 Posted by TheManiacsGnome (268 posts) -

85 games for me, Steam sales are deadly.

#47 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

58 and growing. Steam is the only reason I game on my PC. I love it!

#48 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

30 game so far which is kinda a lot seeing as i only signed up in May for free Portal. Cure you Gabe Newell 

My Games

#49 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

6 Steam games + 1 Starcraft II. I don't buy many games though. I'm the type that buys a few games I really like and play the shit out of them. Digital distribution is definitely my preferred way of buying games and I love Steam.

#50 Edited by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

I have 23 games in my library, but only 9 are purchased; the others are free. From those 9 that I purchased, 4 of them were part of a LucasArts classics pack that was like $5.

My rule is that a game should be $5 and less for a purchase on Steam. Though once I did spend $10 for Killing Floor because I thought it seemed good, boy was I wrong. It's a dumb grinding game where the developers have just abandoned it. Out of my few purchases, the Killing Floor purchase was the worst; a pathetic game and purchase, I remind myself of it so I don't make the same mistake again.

Why? Because with Steam you can't sell the game, you can't get rid of it for some money back. That's the worst part about Steam.

It's stupid... game companies have DRM that says you can install it on up to 3 computers (or some other number) ... but how can you do it with Steam? It's tied to your account? So it's stupid. You're going to share your password? Steam locks games to single users, you can't share or trade or even sell....... Steam is very restrictive in this way and I can't support them with higher priced purchases.  I might as well walk down the street in search of a poor man selling bootleg games than to purchase an extremely restrictive product from Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.