How big is your steam library?

#101 Edited by VirtuaGrant (52 posts) -

152 games.
Just as an aside, has anyone used the 'Enhanced Steam' Chrome add-on that tells you how much you've spent on Steam on the website? It's...eye-opening.

#102 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Holy Shiznet! A three year old thread that's been brought back from the depths. I bet all of the people who commented on this thread has hundreds of steam games by now. As for me I only have about 5 or 6 because there free, and I don't use steam often. My computer isn't the best for gaming, and since I'm not in a good financial situation I can't improve it.

#103 Edited by CaLe (4056 posts) -

330. I uninstalled about 20 games yesterday and now only have 13 games installed out of that 330.

#104 Posted by zenmastah (994 posts) -

177 and growing steadily.

#105 Posted by PK_FIRE (6 posts) -

174. I've decided enough is enough and going to try work through all of them. I've got so many games in sales and just never played them or installed them and played roughly 4 minutes. I've uninstalled all of them and now I'm re-installing them 2 at a time and working through them that way. Thoroughly enjoying it as well!

#106 Posted by cloudnineboya (847 posts) -

115 and counting.

#107 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6004 posts) -

I have about 200 games in my Steam library. My eyes would probably pop out of my head if I saw how much I've spent on all of them combined.

#108 Posted by TehBuLL (615 posts) -

202.... 135 installed. Had to buy an external to start trying to install them all. Still a work in progress, dont want my ISP to get pissed at me so im spreading it out.

#109 Posted by Fattony12000 (7580 posts) -

This insert tweet stuff is nifty, isn't it?

#110 Posted by bemusedchunk (734 posts) -

Pushing 200

#111 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -

469 Games Owned, 226 DLC Owned.

#112 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1047 posts) -

114 contains good amount of "episodes" and expansions. Most got from Humble Bundles, Civ 5 is the only one I have paid full price for.

#113 Posted by Soap (3645 posts) -

874... I joined steam in late 2009 :S

#114 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

166 games. Woo...

#115 Posted by fetchfox (1364 posts) -

67... the sales are getting to me.

#116 Posted by Hamst3r (4568 posts) -

From 3 years ago:

@hamst3r said:
267 games on Steam according to the community page.

Now:

478 games according to the community page.

#117 Posted by CreepyUncleBrad (176 posts) -

158, a good chunk of that was from a couple of large developer bundles I got for super cheap though.

#118 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I got 13. I am not a steam warrior like the rest of ya'll.

#119 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I got 13. I am not a steam warrior like the rest of ya'll.

#120 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1652 posts) -

Why don't you just ask the real question? How big is our dick.

#121 Posted by MikeydCT (573 posts) -

66 games thanks to humblebundle and the summer sale. Before this year only had 4.

#122 Edited by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

My steam page says 128 but that include dlc, add-ons, demos, free games so I think it would be just around 100.

#123 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

My profile says 218, but that can't be right...

#124 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

#125 Posted by AlexW00d (6446 posts) -
#126 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

307 games, a-round ;)

#127 Posted by billymagnum (841 posts) -

i have 159 games but thats not counting the keys i haven't redeemed yet. probably closer to 200. i bought my first game last summer. i think its great. even though its digital, i feel like i own these forever and can always access them UNLIKE xbox and ps digital purchases.

#129 Edited by sqrabbit (117 posts) -

414 and climbing. Never paid full price for a AAA title though. Gotta stop going after these damn bundles. I'll never be able to play them all, and should just stop throwing money away.

#130 Posted by KloakinDevice (38 posts) -

I've only got 57 games, of which I probably only play 5 to 10 of them regularly..

#131 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Close to 600.

#132 Posted by crimsinf (149 posts) -

I don't know which is more shameful. The number of games I'll never play or the amount of DLC I've bought for games I'll never play.

#133 Posted by DonutFever (3540 posts) -

#134 Edited by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@mrklorox said:

I love it. Steam is solely responsible for my current PC gaming habits.

#135 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

#136 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

I have 23 games in my library, but only 9 are purchased; the others are free. From those 9 that I purchased, 4 of them were part of a LucasArts classics pack that was like $5.

My rule is that a game should be $5 and less for a purchase on Steam. Though once I did spend $10 for Killing Floor because I thought it seemed good, boy was I wrong. It's a dumb grinding game where the developers have just abandoned it. Out of my few purchases, the Killing Floor purchase was the worst; a pathetic game and purchase, I remind myself of it so I don't make the same mistake again.

Why? Because with Steam you can't sell the game, you can't get rid of it for some money back. That's the worst part about Steam.

It's stupid... game companies have DRM that says you can install it on up to 3 computers (or some other number) ... but how can you do it with Steam? It's tied to your account? So it's stupid. You're going to share your password? Steam locks games to single users, you can't share or trade or even sell....... Steam is very restrictive in this way and I can't support them with higher priced purchases. I might as well walk down the street in search of a poor man selling bootleg games than to purchase an extremely restrictive product from Steam.

Are you smoking rocks dude?

#137 Posted by eccentrix (1614 posts) -

#138 Posted by ConfusedOwl (972 posts) -

I'm currently sitting at 75 games with one of them being free.

#139 Edited by ColumnBreaker (1164 posts) -

Dude.. I have 398 games and felt pretty bad about it. You have fixed this. Thank you.

#140 Posted by jkz (4061 posts) -

This thread makes me feel better about my 370. Thanks y'all

#141 Edited by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

It's not the size it's how you use it.

#142 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

#143 Posted by johnbakosh (114 posts) -

#144 Posted by Zlimness (575 posts) -

#145 Edited by Zlimness (575 posts) -

#146 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -
@rhaknar said:

Please tell me that's not a real badge.

#147 Edited by Pocky4Th3Win (139 posts) -

According to my profile... 741 Games.

#148 Edited by ch3burashka (5259 posts) -

@animasta said:

only 77 :P

I only have 18 games in my Steam library, sadly I can only keep a certain number on my machine at any one time.

@ajayraz said:

i have like.. six games

Casuals...

Seriously though, they're a gift and a curse. It's a cliche now to say "I have a billion games I'll never play!" I myself am trying to limit my purchases and actually play the damn games I bought. I'm sitting pretty at 270, with 100 installed (and like 10 played...). Funny thing is, I started purchasing years ago, before I had a PC to play them, counting on the time when I could. Now that I can, I'm spending most of my time playing Hotline Miami for better scores. But yeah, I'm on a mission to actually experience what I have. I'm not keen on spending 60 bucks on games, so I'm like a year behind everyone else, which allows me to dig into said backlog.

I will, however, keep up with the people on Walking Dead season 2. I just played through it, and am sad to have missed it when it was abuzz - seems like a great experience to share with people on the forums, and know what the hell the GB crew was talking about on the podcasts. Just went back and listened to the GOTY day two "Best Episode of the Year" part. Sad it was so short.

#150 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.