How is this laptop?

#1 Posted by bamafan3414 (6 posts) -
#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

It would be pretty good on games, even though laptops arn`t really the best choice on gaming it has the 8800gt in  it, and yes it can play blu-ray movies.

#3 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

yes it will be able to play blu rays but you'll be limited to your laptop's screen resolution
and it'll do fine with gaming too
a decent price
looks like a good buy

#4 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Looks like a pretty decent laptop.

#5 Posted by Billabong81 (61 posts) -

Spec-wise, it'll run games fine. 

However, the laptop is closing on 16lbs.  I don't mean to be a jerk, but if it weighs 16lbs., what is the point of getting a laptop?  Laptops are meant for portability and I wouldn't call 16lbs. with a 20" screen very portable.  It's going to be difficult finding a case for it and a bag to carry it around in.  You could get a desktop with much better specs for far cheaper.  Just my opinion!

#6 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

It's a pretty good laptop that will run pretty much any game except on crysis, bear in mind the graphics card is the best card after the 8800M GTX

#7 Posted by VACkillers (1059 posts) -

monster of a laptop... games should be no problem... and yes means u can play blue ray movies. If  anyone is seriously considering playing any gaming on a laptop, dont go below an 8800, intergrated rubbish is madness....

#8 Posted by y0y0 (106 posts) -

lol good point whats the point of a laptop if its that big...

#9 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

To me the laptop is just a little too big, I would have considered 17" maybe

#10 Posted by MelRliiN (23 posts) -

To be honest laptops are not good at all if you want to pc game. You should really consider making a custom desktop instead, waaaaay better for gaming and you can always add a blu-ray drive if you really want one :D

#11 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

looks good to me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.