How Much of You Also Have Consoles?

• 121 results
#1 Posted by Mitch0712 (499 posts) -

I feel like way too many times, I say "Gosh I wish this came out on PC." -cry- Do you guys have consoles to cover your bases? I used to have a 360 but got tired of them dying and it was having an absence of great games coming out at the time. But now I'm seeing more and more games for consoles making me jealous. What is the situation for you guys?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15131 posts) -

I have everything. 360,PS3,Wii and a gaming worthy PC.

#3 Edited by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

I recently went back to the PC as my main platform after upgrading it so I got a PS3 and 360 as well. Suffice it to say that they have not been touched since.

#4 Posted by mosdl (3258 posts) -

I have a ps3/360, and I really only use them for exclusives (well, the ps3 is my main dvd/bluray player for netflix rentals). I might end up selling my 360 though as I have barely used it in a while. Kinda nice that PC gaming is strong again and almost all games come out on it (eventually).

#5 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -

I have a PS3 / Wii, but the fact that they're both hooked up to the family tv means I hardly get to play them...

#6 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I caught them all.

#7 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Anyone who is serious about video games should really have at least a 360/PS3 to go with their phat gaming rigs.

Just feels wrong if you don't.

#8 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

Yep...from Atari to SNES to PS1 to Gamecube to 360/PS3/Wii...plus the handhelds. I don't like missing out on a good gaming experience.

#9 Posted by CaptainCody (1521 posts) -

EVERYTHING.

#10 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

This thread would have worked better as a poll.

But yes, I have a PS3 for them console exclusives. I did consider buying a 360 at one point for the console multiplatforms (especially after playing the PS3 versions of Bayonetta, Enslaved and such), but I never got around to buying one and at this point it's doubtful that I'll bother.

#11 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I use my PC mostly to play older PC-exclusive games (mostly adventure and FPS games) because its performance isn't that great.....for modern games I stick to the 360.

#12 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Yes.

It's kinda cyclical for me. New console(s) -> upgrade PC -> new console(s) -> upgrade PC -> repeat.

#13 Posted by samurai1000 (36 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

I recently went back to the PC as my main platform after upgrading it so I got a PS3 and 360 as well. Suffice it to say that they have not been touched since.

Same here.

#14 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

i like playing games.

whether its iOS or my gaming rig, i dont care.

im not a gaming snob

#15 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Just a kick-ass pc, I dont find myself craving console games very often cause I always have something to play and 5 games on the waiting list.

#16 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

I have a ps3 and wii. I recently went back to using my PC as my main platform last year.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I bought a PS3 for RDR in 2010, only own 7 games for it and haven't touched it since the LA Noire fiasco

#18 Posted by gike987 (1778 posts) -

I have both a 360 and PS3 but haven't really touched them since Dark Souls. Pretty much the only reason I still keep them around is SSX (SSX 3 was my favorite PS2 game). I used to use them for split-screen gaming, but now that that is pretty much dead so I rarely have any use for them.

#19 Edited by Christoffer (1917 posts) -

If it's still under that pile of dust, I guess I have a PS3.

#20 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

Got a 360 right around when the Elite model came out. Got one, haven't had any RROD or other problems. Really glad I got it because there are some great games (for example Bayonetta and Dark Souls) out there that arent coming out on PC.

#21 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I have everything. 360,PS3,Wii and a gaming worthy PC.

#22 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

@Mitch0712 said:

I feel like way too many times, I say "Gosh I wish this came out on PC." -cry- Do you guys have consoles to cover your bases? I used to have a 360 but got tired of them dying and it was having an absence of great games coming out at the time. But now I'm seeing more and more games for consoles making me jealous. What is the situation for you guys?

It's exactly my situation. I'm probably buying a new X360 this year or next year.

#23 Posted by Ashuramaru (41 posts) -

I'm a bit of a PC elitist, but i still have everything.

#24 Posted by shinboy630 (1192 posts) -

I have a PS3, but most mostly for things like sports games and blu-ray movies.

#25 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

I went from Wii-only to Wii/PS3 to Wii/PS3/360 and last year I finally got a new PC so I'm covered on all bases right now.

I can't imagine owning only one single platform anymore, having the ability to choose the "best" version after my own criteria is a privilege I don't want to miss.

#26 Posted by CheapPoison (742 posts) -

i don't!

#27 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Got a 360 and a Wii. Wii hasn't be turned on in about a year or so and the 360 sits under my desk. It maybe gets turned once a month, maybe...

Got the 360 for games that will never come out to PC, notably from Japenese developers, ie Bayonetta, Enslaved, Vanquish etc. Unfortunately, only Bayonetta was worth it to play all the way through.

#28 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -

I do but I barely touch them since getting my latest PC. I got Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PS3 and it's really hard to go back to consoles with their piss-poor framerate, lack of AA & V-Sync and being limited to a controller.

#29 Posted by AlisterCat (5713 posts) -

I have about 13 consoles.

#30 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -

PS3, Wii, and Mac. I think I have a good range of gaming experiences.

#31 Posted by Artigkar (189 posts) -

I have a Xbox 360 (one of the new S models) and a Playstation 2 (original "fat" model) in addition to my PC. I have played quite a few games on xbox 360 and switch regularly between it and the PC. I don't play the PS2 that often anymore.

#32 Posted by Zelyre (1275 posts) -

PS3 fat, PS3 slim, 360, Wii.

I rarely use them. For the most part, I find the console experience grating.

#33 Posted by Klaimore (940 posts) -

All of them I have no loyalty to any ONE system. As long as they make good games I'm down for the ride. Although I don't know if I'm going to get the vita.

#34 Posted by Mitch0712 (499 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

This thread would have worked better as a poll.

But yes, I have a PS3 for them console exclusives. I did consider buying a 360 at one point for the console multiplatforms (especially after playing the PS3 versions of Bayonetta, Enslaved and such), but I never got around to buying one and at this point it's doubtful that I'll bother.

I haven't quite figured out how to set up polls. I've done it a couple times and recently but never remember how. Could you help?

#35 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I have a PS3 for RDR, LBP and Dark Souls. On the family TV so I never use it though...

#36 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

I have a 360 too, got it 5 years ago for xmas when I was still at school and had no money. It's still cool to have it around to cover some none PC games, I'll be sure to pick up SSX when that comes out, but I don't touch it much. I turned it on today actually because I felt like playing some Forza 4, then had to install the Metro update.

Also, holy shit old 360's are LOUD. My 650W PC with a 1GB 460GTX sounds like a mouse next to my 360.

#37 Posted by Mitch0712 (499 posts) -

@doobie said:

i like playing games.

whether its iOS or my gaming rig, i dont care.

im not a gaming snob

Just wanted to know if people tend to have consoles to partner their gaming PC's /facepalm

#38 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

I hate misspelled topics.

#39 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

360, PS3, Wii. Haven't really touched any of them in months.

#40 Edited by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

I've got a 360 and my PC, but I've also got a Gamecube, so pretty much all of my bases are covered....

#41 Posted by amir90 (2178 posts) -

As of today, I have them all, but I got the 360, almost 3 years after it was launched, the wii after 6 months on the market, and just last year I got the ps3.

ANd I have only had a gaming PC for 2.5 years, so I have had plenty of "I wish this was on PC" moments.

#42 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

Yeah, I bought a 360 when they reduced the process to fix the overheating issue.  I also have always kinda gone both ways.  I owned a PS2 and a PC at the same time, then played more PC games as my PS2 got outdated.  Then I had a real dark patch where I didn't have a viable PC to play games on and had to play older PS2 games.  Then one day I had the money for an xbox and the new processes were more reliable for making the mobos last, and a "decent" PC was not going to cost me $1500, so I got an xbox.  Then last year when sandybridge made the i7 4 core/8 thread beast <$400 I built a Pc (actually that coincided with the GB/Tested thingy but oh well).  I've never been partial to anything really, I just want the following things:
Affordability
Games I want to play
Reliability.

#43 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

I have the full compliment of gaming platforms. Anything less is just unacceptable.

#44 Posted by ajamafalous (12146 posts) -

I have a PC and a 360 that hasn't been hooked up in about three years.

#45 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

I have a PC and 360.

I will typically spend a lot of time with one at any given time.

I usually play controller-based games on 360, but sometimes I get those on PC for the pretty graphics and improved framerates. (eg. It was surreal playing Kane and Lynch 2 on my TV via my PC since the 60 FPS combined with the effects really made it look like crappy video camera footage.)

#46 Posted by Fudge91 (200 posts) -

Nope just pc, only console game that i really wish i got to play is Red Dead Redemption. But i'm not going to buy a console just for that..

#47 Posted by hawkinson76 (376 posts) -

360 and PC is all I need. I don't have enough time to play everything, so missing out on PS3 (and Wii?) exclusives isn't an issue.

That said, I've all but stopped buying 360 games. Bayonetta was the last console exclusive I really cared for (I'm looking at you, Gears 3, you were all hype).

#48 Posted by Kiri90 (262 posts) -

I have all the consoles, and have been a console gamer for this whole generation, since I just built my gaming PC 2 weeks ago. Now I feel like getting everything on PC, though. I do think I'll continue to play some multiplayer games on the 360 since I have a good group of friends I normally play with.

#49 Posted by BitterAlmond (400 posts) -

I have a Wii and a collection of older-gen consoles. My PC replaces a PS3 and a 360 just fine.

Also, for the record, it's "How many of you also have consoles."

#50 Posted by bybeach (4992 posts) -

I have a 360.

I have a PS3.

But I always want it on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.