Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

How to connect multiple monitors?

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero

Hey, I've been having trouble getting multiple monitors connected. I built my PC about 18 months ago, and have 2 Radeon HD 7950s and an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard. Ideally, I would like to take advantage of all 3 HDMI ports on the back (because I'm an idiot), however it never seems to work. The other ports can't detect the monitors and I'm not sure why. My "Slave" card sometimes sends like, half of a signal, but then it quits for whatever reason.

And PC aficionados have any solutions?

Irkjab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is probably way late but the motherboard HDMI port is for integrated graphics only. Get a couple of adapters and connect all the monitors to the primary card.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeJerk

To use three monitors, you need one "clock-source" for each, so unless it's a super special card made with extra clocks you need one unique output port per monitor, so no HDMI. What you need is an active miniDisplayPort to HDMI, or miniDisplayPort to DVI adapter, then a HDMI port, and then a DVI port - filling one of each hole on the back of the primary graphics card.

Then you'll be welcome to triple monitor wonderful times. Even Starbound has Eyefinity support. It's pretty sweet and neat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.