Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

How to make STALKER: Call of Pripyat (Steam) work

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By PatchRowcester

Click here to check out the full post.

I recently upgraded my machine with a GeForce GTX 680 and I couldn't wait to start playing DX11 games. I download STALKER: Call of Pripyat from Steam, all eager to play, and much to my dismay, I've encountered several problems with the game.

I searched around the internet, and I've had some help with the fine folks from the Steam forums, and I was able to figure it out.

I got the game to a point where it is now working flawlessly. Check out my blog for a full list of little tweaks I did. Hopefully it will help someone here.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PatchRowcester

Click here to check out the full post.

I recently upgraded my machine with a GeForce GTX 680 and I couldn't wait to start playing DX11 games. I download STALKER: Call of Pripyat from Steam, all eager to play, and much to my dismay, I've encountered several problems with the game.

I searched around the internet, and I've had some help with the fine folks from the Steam forums, and I was able to figure it out.

I got the game to a point where it is now working flawlessly. Check out my blog for a full list of little tweaks I did. Hopefully it will help someone here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.