Huge Spring sale on PC downloads

#1 Edited by BonOrbitz (2138 posts) -

From April 5-15, Amazon is having a sale on a bunch of downloadable PC titles. Here are some highlights, but be sure to check out the full list (link below):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000789381_pglink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000789381&plpage=1

I may pick up Warhammer: Space Marine and The Darkness II

Edit. This sale is just for the US, apparently. :(

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I bought DAO Ultimate for $30 just a couple of weeks ago... God damnit.

#3 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

@Jack268: I got it for free because apparently some people were having trouble downloading Mass Effect 3 through Amazon so they gave everybody a free EA game that bought it. Teehee.

#4 Posted by Pop (2595 posts) -

Wow, dragon age is really cheap and L.A. Noire, I'll think about it. thanks for the info duder. indie royale is up too.

#5 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

lol

@bonorbitz said:

#6 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

I would buy the dragon age pack if it could be activated on steam.

Origin is the devil

#7 Edited by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Anyone that doesn't have the Dragon Age pack and doesn't pick it up FOR TEN FUCKING DOLLARS because it uses Origin is a child.

#8 Posted by BonOrbitz (2138 posts) -

I bought DA 1 Ultimate for $12 on Origin back in December but haven't fired it up yet. I have yet to play anything on Origin, so what's with all the hate?

#9 Posted by Socialone (202 posts) -

Got all excited about it but heh, no love for Canadians.

#10 Posted by BonOrbitz (2138 posts) -

@Socialone said:

Got all excited about it but heh, no love for Canadians.

Don't worry. I love Canadians.

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Doesn't work in Canada, so I wait patiently for the summer Steam sale.

#12 Posted by deerokus (531 posts) -

Amazon doesn't even have a downloadable games platform in the UK :<

That's a good price for Crusader Kings 2, one of the best games of the year so far. Darkness 2 is a great (if slightly short) FPS.

#13 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

How come Big Rig: Europe isn't in your highlights for $5!?

#14 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1799 posts) -

@MikkaQ: You are thinking too small, sir. Easter is just a few days away, why not have a spring sale? That's where Steam is headed, big sales every quarter.

#15 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Why is the only one I don't own (and actually want) the only one that's not cheap? :(

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@MikkaQ: You are thinking too small, sir. Easter is just a few days away, why not have a spring sale? That's where Steam is headed, big sales every quarter.

Guess so, but man that summer sale they always go full throttle with weird ARGs and stuff.

But yeah spring sale... that's gotta happen soon.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Interesting though think I'll just wait (as much as I use Amazon for other things) for the summer/spring sale thing at Steam instead. Plus if any of the games have DLC, it's just easier to go through steam to get that as well as other things that are on the wishlist.

#18 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

To all people who are upset about this being US only: Find a random US address and add it to your amazon account, then use that to buy the downloadable games.

I live in Australia and I just bought the Darkness 2 from there!

#19 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Super tempted to snag The Darkness II for $12 and some change, but I have a massive backlog that only keeps getting bigger, so think I'm going to hold off for now.

#20 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

I love Amazon, but I don't want yet another system I have to go through for fucking digital rights bullshit - no matter how cheap. So I have to ask, what is the DRM system that they implement? Do they have a downloader/interface like every other fucker on earth forces on you? (Impulse, Steam, Origin, D2D, etc)?

#21 Edited by shinboy630 (1131 posts) -

@Branthog said:

I love Amazon, but I don't want yet another system I have to go through for fucking digital rights bullshit - no matter how cheap. So I have to ask, what is the DRM system that they implement? Do they have a downloader/interface like every other fucker on earth forces on you? (Impulse, Steam, Origin, D2D, etc)?

They have their own simple downloader, but that is the only software they make you use. Plus, if the game activates on steam you can just put the code into there and download it through steam.

#22 Edited by myketuna (1644 posts) -
@shinboy630: Do you (or anyone else) know if these games activate on Origin and I can just download them on Origin instead? I'd rather not install another downloader, but I guess I will if I have to.
#23 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

@Branthog said:

My question: Why are you always so angry? My answer: Most of the games can be redeemed on Steam/Origin. And no, they don't make you download a separate installer.

#24 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

@ABK_92 said:

@Branthog said:

My question: Why are you always so angry? My answer: Most of the games can be redeemed on Steam/Origin. And no, they don't make you download a separate installer.

What makes you think I'm always angry you son of a bitch? :P

Also, sweet. If I can redeem on Steam (or if a purchase simply has no dependent DRM), I'm all over that.

#25 Posted by derskusmacher (20 posts) -

AAAAAAAAHhhh! Space Marine is 10 bux. I wish I wasn't really broke right now. Yes, I'm that broke that $10 matters.

#26 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

Will the Amazon Dragon Age bundle give me a serial key that i can redeem trough steam?

I would much prefer being able to keep all my games in one place

#27 Posted by TopSteer (634 posts) -

Does anybody know how Shift 2 compares to the first game? I've played some of the first and it was pretty decent and I could go for a sim style racer about now.

#28 Edited by Beforet (2911 posts) -

L.A. Noire? Fuh-fuh-five dollars? Fuck it, man! This is to make up for the swag I didn't buy at PAX!

edit: Aaand you can't register on steam. Balls.

#29 Posted by MB (11902 posts) -

Many of the games on Amazon have user reviews where people give information as to whether the title is Steamworks or not.

#30 Posted by joseffthered (76 posts) -

I'll probably pick up Crusader Kings II, that's good price. I'll probably buy Saboteur again (for the third time, I buy it beat it, sell it, wait a few years, buy it again, so on and so forth), I wonder how well they ported it?

#31 Posted by rachelepithet (1332 posts) -

Do they activate on steam?

#32 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Thank you for sharing sir, I ended up buying GTA4 so now I have it on PC as well. :)

#33 Posted by RubberFactory (288 posts) -
#34 Posted by MB (11902 posts) -

@Questionable said:

Will the Amazon Dragon Age bundle give me a serial key that i can redeem trough steam?

I would much prefer being able to keep all my games in one place

You can activate the Dragon Age bundle on Origin, but not Steam. I guess it's better than nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.