Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

I love PC gaming

meegs6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By meegs6sic6

I'll be honest I have been out of the PC gaming arena for a while every since II started playing on consoles more.   

However now thanks to the new PC I have just bought I am back with a vengeance.  The PC edition of Mass Effect 2 and Dawn of War II are my current games of choice but you also cannot go wrong with the latest Tales of Monkey Island and Audiosurf.  

However the big reason I am so glad to be back is Steam itself.  Microsoft really need to take some lessons from Valve on this when it comes to Games for Windows Live.  The integration is seamless the community is fantastic and the PC is the only way to play for me at the moment thanks to this. 

Feel free to add me on steam (meegs6sic6) or GFWL (DeadSoul2004) I am always looking for people to play with/against

meegs6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By meegs6sic6

I'll be honest I have been out of the PC gaming arena for a while every since II started playing on consoles more.   

However now thanks to the new PC I have just bought I am back with a vengeance.  The PC edition of Mass Effect 2 and Dawn of War II are my current games of choice but you also cannot go wrong with the latest Tales of Monkey Island and Audiosurf.  

However the big reason I am so glad to be back is Steam itself.  Microsoft really need to take some lessons from Valve on this when it comes to Games for Windows Live.  The integration is seamless the community is fantastic and the PC is the only way to play for me at the moment thanks to this. 

Feel free to add me on steam (meegs6sic6) or GFWL (DeadSoul2004) I am always looking for people to play with/against

arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By arca

Depending on how good your computer is check out the PC version of Battlefield: Bad company 2, It's currently my favourite game.
    Glad to see another person moving on back to the PC scene, I've always had PC at heart but most of my friends have an Xbox so I had to buy one of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@arca said:
    " Depending on how good your computer is check out the PC version of Battlefield: Bad company 2, It's currently my favourite game.
    Glad to see another person moving on back to the PC scene, I've always had PC at heart but most of my friends have an Xbox so I had to buy one of them. "
    Agreed heartily with Bad Company 2, it's brilliant. Make sure to pick up the expansion for DoW2 as well once you've finished it, Chaos Rising is damn sweet!
    Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Clembo

I've been playing Dawn of War 2, er, too.

I'm absolutely addicted to "The Last Stand" game mode.I'm nearly level 20 with the Captain and level 15 with the Mekboy.

I suck at the 3v3 online though.  I only rank up my hero and support him with a few units cus I'm not great at all that micro-management lark (and this game is supposed to alleviate the chore of micro-management!).

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

BC2 is pretty great on PC.  When you end up with two evenly matched teams trying to win the game, it's awesome - but when you end up with about 18 snipers on each side just trying to rack up a good score for themselves, I find it infuriating - especially if you're supposed to be attacking.  I kinda wish they'd cap the classes like Day of Defeat, or give more of an incentive to try and win the game.

arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arca

All the love Dawn Of War 2 is getting makes me want to play it again! I've got it installed but just haven't bothered playing it for a while.
    Guess It's time to play it :)

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NikoAlexander57

I really enjoy Fallout 3 on the pc. I also love WoW, Psychonauts and L4D2. 

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a 360 for a year or so, bought it just to play Fable 2. Ended up selling the whole system early this year. Tax refund got a modest media center/gaming rig for myself. I've always been more of a pc gamer. Seemed to me 360 owners really get juiced for money, where pc gamers get drm'ed to death. I gotta agree with the OP on Steam, Valve really struck gold. Sure it has it's own form of drm but it has yet to get in my way when I want to play some games. Really gotta get Bad Company 2, heard so much good about it. I only played a demo of the first one, worth grabbing it first?

Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Clembo
    @Jimbo said:
    " BC2 is pretty great on PC.  When you end up with two evenly matched teams trying to win the game, it's awesome - but when you end up with about 18 snipers on each side just trying to rack up a good score for themselves, I find it infuriating - especially if you're supposed to be attacking.  I kinda wish they'd cap the classes like Day of Defeat, or give more of an incentive to try and win the game. "
    You look like you've played the game, good sir.  Have you played Modern Warfare 2?  Also, should I trade in MW2 for this game (360 MW2 for PC BC2)?

And no I can't possibly have both.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By veektarius
    @meegs6sic6: You necrophile.  You're sick.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo
    @Clembo said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " BC2 is pretty great on PC.  When you end up with two evenly matched teams trying to win the game, it's awesome - but when you end up with about 18 snipers on each side just trying to rack up a good score for themselves, I find it infuriating - especially if you're supposed to be attacking.  I kinda wish they'd cap the classes like Day of Defeat, or give more of an incentive to try and win the game. "
    You look like you've played the game, good sir.  Have you played Modern Warfare 2?  Also, should I trade in MW2 for this game (360 MW2 for PC BC2)?  And no I can't possibly have both. "
    I haven't played MW2 multiplayer.  I played a bit of CoD4 multi on PC though, and I think BC2 is a lot better than that.  BC2 isn't quite as good as Battlefield 2 was back in its day, but it's pretty close.

CoD probably does mindless twitchy action a bit better, but BC2 requires a bit more thought and team-work - so take your pick.  I would say that the PC multiplayer community consistently proves to be more enjoyable company than what I've seen of XBL, if that counts for anything - you even get a few "gg"s at the end of a round :o
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By xplodedd
    @Fragstoff said:
    " YYYYYYYEA! "
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By xplodedd
    @Fragstoff said:
    " YYYYYYYEA! "
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By mrhankey
    @meegs6sic6 said:
    " I'll be honest I have been out of the PC gaming arena for a while every since II started playing on consoles more.    However now thanks to the new PC I have just bought I am back with a vengeance.  The PC edition of Mass Effect 2 and Dawn of War II are my current games of choice but you also cannot go wrong with the latest Tales of Monkey Island and Audiosurf.   However the big reason I am so glad to be back is Steam itself.  Microsoft really need to take some lessons from Valve on this when it comes to Games for Windows Live.  The integration is seamless the community is fantastic and the PC is the only way to play for me at the moment thanks to this. "
    Woot to the first two games you mentioned!
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47

What resolution are you pc gaming at? Higher the better imo.

meegs6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By meegs6sic6
    @HitmanAgent47: Im gaming at 1920 x 1080 on a 23" display
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seedofpower

Mouse and keyboard any day of the week.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @meegs6sic6: That sounds good, let me guess samsung LED 23" 1080p. I could be wrong, however enjoy your pc gaming.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By thatfrood

I love pc gaming too!

that makes us...

No Caption Provided

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

One of us....

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " One of us.... "
    Oh you.  

You should really get Company of Heroes, Trine, and The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series. THEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY'RRRRRRREEEEEE GRREEEAT
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Just no piracy brosef! I every once in a blue moon do but now Steam makes it much easier not to. I'm only 14 so October I can finally get a job and a loverly 24" monitor for my center.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Gunner

Its great if you avoid ports like GTAIV, saints row 2 and some other horrid ports i will not mention. 

Other than the occasional bad port, PC gaming can be pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.