Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

I need help setting up a new PC (Steam?)

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have a brand new PC here which is meant to be a gift for my uncle and I have been tasked with setting it up with some games. I'm a long time Steam user so my first thought was to go ahead and set up a family sharing account. Then I realised that probably won't work because my uncle lives in a place with no internet connection at all. So is that out of the question? What else can I do? If I set up new account and give some games to that one, will he be able to play those games offline, indefinetely? Any other ideas or suggestions would be appriciated.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not sure. The longest I've ever used offline mode was for a week.

If you have GOG or Humble Bundle games you could load those on to it.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol no. They patched out being able to go offline with family sharing on. That would have been really stupid of hem to leave on. you guys will need to be good little gamers and stay online for him to use you library and the moment you want to play your game it will be disabled for him and ask if he wants to buy it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You may want to look into some DRM free games from GOG or Humble Bundle.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't think of those, thank you!

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you set up a new steam account for him and install the games then he can play them offline.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.