Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

I think I've become a "PC Elitist"

• 55 results
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By geirr

But dude, the new consoles have awesome state-of-the-art hard drives with all the speed and storage one would ever need. Also they'll really, really do 1080p this time and the framerates will probably be consistent at about 30-60fps on some games!

@hunkulese said:

@mars said:

It only took a GTX 760 and Bioshock Infite, but I don't think I can go back. I am seriously considering canceling my Xbox One to upgrade my case and a few other components. I was blown away at the size of the GPU when it arrived yesterday! BARELY fits in the case I have but, thank god it does because I've never seen a game look so amazing. I am going to go broke buying games I've already played just to see the difference. This is like playing in a whole other universe! Can't believe I've been missing out on so much for so long.

If you only got a 760, the new consoles are probably going to look as good and probably better.

Yup, 770 is the bare minimum if someone wants to be ready for the beginning of the next gen. No way you're going to have high end 1080p play with high framerates on a 760

I think the 760 will do fine; I've been running two 560ti's for a good while and there's nothing they can't handle. I imagine if the time for upgrading comes around, slapping a second 760 in there will be amazing and - by then - super cheap comparatively.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I dont know, comparing what footage has been released for Watch_Dogs to say Sleeping Dogs the difference is quite big.
    I doubt youll be able to max out Watch_Dogs @1080 running at a constant 60 with a 760.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By colourful_hippie

@geirr: Not if you're expecting to run the new games at 60 1080p. Also one powerful video card>>>>SLI. Reliability drops and potential game problems increase with SLI. Nvidia has gotten a lot better with that stuff but I still prefer to have the one strong card

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By OurSin_360

Well you still have exclusives for each console that can make them worth buying. Also if you are not a fan of mouse and keyboard and like online shooters, then your assed out on pc. I wouldn't play titan fall on pc just because everybody will be using a mouse except me.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oursin_360: yeah, im buying an xbox one just for forza 5, thats it, no other games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.