Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Intel announces 750 PCI express 3.0 SSD - 400GB to 1.2TB

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Cirdain
    No Caption Provided

It's always good to see SSD's improving. This is still a bit pricey for me but lest than $1/GB for something this fast seems to be pretty good.

No Caption Provided

I don't know what I'm looking at but it looks brutal. The G.Skill's sine wave looks nice though.

$389 for the 400GB $0.97/GB. $1029 for the 1.2TB $0.86/GB. It seems to be only for the X79 and Z87 platforms for now. Apparently it's breaking people's SSD benchmarking tools or something.

Intel today unveiled the Intel® Solid-State Drive (SSD) 750 Series, its highest performing SSD for use in client PC storage devices and workstations. The 750 series delivers greater than four times the performance of SATA-based SSDs by utilizing four lanes of PCIe 3.0 and the NVM Express (NVMe) standard. For added flexibility, it is available as both an add-in card for systems with an accessible PCIe 3.0 slot and as a 2.5 inch small form factor solution. Intel also announced the availability of the Intel® SSD 535 Series which offers the ideal balance of cost and performance for mainstream client PC storage devices.

Link to PCper. AnandTech.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By maginnovision

I would buy one of these. They are very fast.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hmm been wanting to get back in an SSD for awhile. The one I had gave out after not that long so I sort of lost faith in them. Plus, a 500GB SSD should be enough for me these days on my PC and was waiting for prices to come down.

But I guess this sort of thing won't work on my "old" P67 hardware.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

This isn't really for most consumers. If a single SSD isn't fast enough for you, try running a pair in RAID 0. Most platforms should support that and it should still be cheaper than this thing. You could get 1TB of striped SSD storage for under $400, or a single 1TB SSD for around $350 now.

I have two PCs, one with a 256GB Samsung 850 EVO and another with a 160gb Corsair Force III. Both are so fast I can't imagine needing anything faster right now, but then again I'm not running any kind of enterprise servers or transferring huge files regularly, either.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maginnovision

Redacted

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I agree with @mb. This seems like it's meant for game devs or digital movie makers and not most (or normal) consumers. It's really cool and all, but I'd rather get a cheaper SSD that is smaller in size for my OS and use a lager HDD that would less then these intel SSD for everything else. Sure the intel SSD would be faster, but for that cost to GB isn't good enough for me at the moment.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By elyhaym

I'd be pretty curious to see how it compares to the M2 SSD's, I might consider this in the future if I end up buying another SSD, since my motherboard doesn't support M2 SSD's :(

EDIT: Just saw the video in the PCPerspective link. Answer found. Reaction: Holy fuckin' christ.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rethla

Would be pretty sweet to have one of these. Would effectivly make everything you do on the computer CPU limited i guess, it pretty much is anyways with an normal SSD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.