Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is Aion worth it?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

I am looking to buy Aion but I have a few questions -

1. Do a lot of people play it online?
    2. How much better is it better than World of Warcraft is it?
    3. Is it worth the money?

Thanks.

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bioderm

I'm sure its not worth it.  

I wish that they would release a trial for the game that way I wouldnt have to spend money to try it out

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I'm sure we would know if the "Open Beta" for the game was actually an "Open Beta" instead of being some stupid award for dropping the full price of the game before it even came out.

What I can say is that, yeah, there's a lot of people on it right now, I've read. Some long queues. Aside from that, I have no idea.

Edit: Ok, I do know that it's a pretty looking, and especially sounding game. The music is fantastic.

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By momentarylogic

I too am interested in knowing the general opinion, wikipedia reveals a little interesting tidbit that is happening atm with the game: 

"Upon its western launch, subscribers in North America and Europe have experienced lengthy queues when attempting to connect to the game's servers, with waiting times cited as being as long as 7 hours. "
    Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Codeacious
    @AnimZero said:
    " I'm sure we would know if the "Open Beta" for the game was actually an "Open Beta" instead of being some stupid award for dropping the full price of the game before it even came out.  What I can say is that, yeah, there's a lot of people on it right now, I've read. Some long queues. Aside from that, I have no idea.  Edit: Ok, I do know that it's a pretty looking, and especially sounding game. The music is fantastic. "
    From what I heard, it was basically what you said (it looked really nice, good atmosphere), but in the end, it came down to the classic Korean MMO grindfest. It is polished however, due to the game having been out 3 years over in Korea. Some of my friends got in the closed beta and played around with it, but ended up not liking the grind.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

I thought the beta was okay, but a little boring. 

It's A LOT like WoW. A clone, almost.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Addfwyn

I'm really enjoying it, it's a beautiful polished game, which matters a lot for me in an MMO.  By far the most polished world we have seen for an MMO.  

it Is a bit heavy on the grind, but I actually enjoy the levelling of MMOs more than the end-game raiding.   It's not straight up grinding either though, you at least have quests, some repeatable, you can use to work on levels with.

If you're looking for a gorgeous game that you can spend a fair bit of time on to reach the end-game, this is a good choice.  It's not as easy as wow though, so don't expect to be able to solo everything, especially if the monster is a level higher than you or more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.