Is it possible to upgrade this?

#1 Posted by rlym2k (3 posts) -

I have the HP 27-1095d ''all-in-one'' PC, and am really hoping that I can upgrade the graphics card inside which is the Nvidia Geforce GT 540M to something (or anything) that can allow me to play Diablo III smoothly on (hopefully) high settings.

I have been reading about the GTX 670 card, but I feel quite pessimistic about the compatibility with this PC I got so if there are any alternative cards that are compatible with this please do let me know!

I just really really want to play Diablo III already and hope to make this PC last me a good few years gaming-wise, cuz my Dad just bought me this and I just need upgrading solutions from you more knowledgeable guys out there!

I hope for good news, and thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

It is possible and recommended to upgrade this... with a brand new custom-built PC (if you will to further play games on it).

As for DIablo III, you should be able to run it at least on medium settings, don't worry.

#3 Posted by believer258 (12211 posts) -

Is this it?

Then nope, nor anything like it. You would need a tried-and-true desktop to upgrade good and proper.

#4 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -

Sorry, you can't upgrade that PC with a regular graphics card since that PC is basically a laptop. You could fit a better mobile GPU there, but that won't give you notable raise in performance and it is not an easy task.

So if you want more power, build a custom PC.

#5 Posted by rlym2k (3 posts) -

Thanks guys! I guess I'll just live with this computer for now, and it's good to know that I can at least still run Diablo 3 on medium. Maybe in a few more years time I'll finally learn how to and get to build my own custom PC and enjoy the new games then. Once again thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.