Is my new laptop any good?

#1 Posted by Stealthy_Cardinal (3 posts) -

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the site. I've been visiting GiantBomb a lot and finally decided to make a post. My Xbox 360 broke and I've decided against buying a new console. I needed a laptop for school and kind of on an impulse I bought a Samsung Series 7 Gamer. I've only played Mark of the Ninja which runs great (and is an excellent stealth game), but was wondering if you all could tell me if my laptop is any good. I am saving up to buy a desktop but decided to go ahead and get a laptop. So here is the laptop I got off Amazon. It's very expensive but I had some extra cash saved up. So is this laptop any good? Thanks guys. : )

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-T01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0098O6FIU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353471347&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+series+7+gamer

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8779 posts) -

@Stealthy_Cardinal: Looks quite good to me.

The AMD 7870 is a very nice card that should be able to play most high end titles on the market today. Perhaps at 1920x1080 to boot. It doesn't have bad heat or noise, and I think it is perfect for a 17.3 in laptop.

The other specs of the laptop seem nice, as well. If I were you, I'd feel very good about my purchase.

#3 Posted by Stealthy_Cardinal (3 posts) -

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to the Steam Autumn sales. I've been playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games and they are fantastic. I'm hoping to pick up Dishonored and Assassin's Creed III.

One more quick question. If I wanted to save up for a gaming desktop would $1200 buy me something pretty decent? A

#4 Posted by MB (12260 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.