http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XZMBS2/ - $899 + a Free Xbox 360 (since I've an Amazon Student account).
The specs are:
- Intel Core i7-2630QM @2.0 GHz (2.90 GHz with Turbo Boost; 6 MB L3 cache).
- 6GB, DDR3, 1333MHz, 2 DIMM,
- 640GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive (might be 5400 RPM - the page isn't clear; regardless I have a good, existing HDD that I'll likely just replace it with)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M with 1 GB (with Optimus)
I really need a new laptop and I like this one, mainly because of the CPU. I tend to run Matlab about 3-4 hours/day and and an i7-2xxxQM could really cut down my execution time.
The only real problem is the graphic card. I would've preferred a 540M but 525M is just a slower clocked version with the same GF108 architecture (and still use DDR3 memory). The next step in laptop graphics (560M) seems to be at $1500+ and I might as well upgrade my existing desktop for the extra $600. I'm hoping it will be able to run the following games at 1366x768 with medium settings & 2/4AA:
- StarCraft II
- DiRT 2 and 3
- and maybe Battlefield 3 (this is a big IF)
It would be awesome if you guys could give me an educated guess on how this would do in terms of gaming? Thanks in advance. Good luck, have Pentiums :)