Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is this new or used?

Queequeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Queequeg

So I went to Game Stop today for the first time in a long time to pick up a copy of NHL 09 for the pc because it's the only store I could find that still carries it.  The label on the box said new, but the dvd box was exposed and there was only 1 plain circular sticker on the side of the case.  The price sticker was directly on the plastic cover part of the case that holds the paper cover.  I noticed most of the pc games were like this and a few were shrink wrapped.  Maybe 5-10 out of 50+ games were plastic wrapped. 

I haven't looked at new pc games in stores in a while, but aren't most pc games shrink wrapped or have plastic enclosing the entire case???  I just thought this seemed odd and didn't buy it, though I really wanted it.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper

GameStop does this with a LOT of its products. This is because they keep the disks (and probably CD keys) in behind the counter so shoplifters can't jack them. The only way to get a wrapped game at Gamestop is to get one when it is pretty new, in that glass case behind the counter. Assuming your GameStop has that of course. 

They are usually pretty trustworthy about that (As in, I haven't had a problem with it.) But I can see how that would freak someone out. Especially with a PC game. Just how it is at Gamestop... Sucks, I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.