Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Jumpgate Evolution is what MMOs need

infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By infestedandy

As many MMOs as I've played in the past, Jumpgate looks like it's going to be a hell of a good time. I just hope it doesn't drop off like Earth & Beyond did a while back. We sure could use more flight-sims too.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4157-Phoenix-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m4d11-Jumpgate-Evolution-is-what-MMOs-need

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

It would be rather nice if all your posts were not advertisements for your written articles elsewhere. Though I just gave attention to this by posting, so I guess I failed the ignore test.

That being said, I highly disagree with the opinion in that article. I feel that there is no way a space based, flight simulation MMO is going to take off and be "what MMOs need." No way.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

I appreciate the fact that Jumpgate is different then WoW. If I play another MMO with elves I will puke. What concerns me with Jumpgate is the social aspect.

Not being able to get out of your ship and walk around in a city and trade stuff is a bummer. How can I do dance emotes with a spaceship?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

SWG Pre CU or Planetside 2 or WoW Pre Battlegrounds.

All I want

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

I will only really play Jumpgate Evolution if it is basically Freelancer 2, but im hoping :)

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By harris

Jumpgate looks to be like a watered down eve online with twitch shooting. I'll just stick to eve online.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I want Pre-CU SWG aswell, Here hoping SW:TOR will be good. Has anyone ever wanted a WoW-type Battleground game seperate from WoW?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maxszy
    Phantom_Crash said:
    "I want Pre-CU SWG aswell, Here hoping SW:TOR will be good. Has anyone ever wanted a WoW-type Battleground game seperate from WoW?"
    PapaLazarou said:
    "SWG Pre CU or Planetside 2 or WoW Pre Battlegrounds.All I want"
    Love seeing that there are some other Pre-CU SWG players around here! Oh those were the days!
    infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9  Edited By infestedandy

I'm curious as to why you think games like Jumpgate and Black Prophecy are a bad idea. I think the new angle is a much needed break from the standard fantasy fare.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By VACkillers

there is quite a few new space games comming out.. that looks freaking sweet... but jumpgate evolution is a game that i really need to play first, see what its like... games like eve-online has so much fucking content, you rarely get bored or can always find something to do, but with the first-person style space games, can get rather boring very quickly... graphics look stunning... but so do some other new ones comming out, and i haven't seen a space game yet beat X3's graphics so it'll definately be one i would LOVE TO PLAY.... before devoting hard earned cash into first.... simply just not enough videos out that show a lot of this game yet.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By carlthenimrod

Off-topic: Pre-CU SWG was still garbage. That game was broken from the get go. I used to play it so I know. Having to run nekkid to the center of the map because I was teleported there by a bug, then murdered by Tusken Raiders. Good times.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By VACkillers

lol.. rather you then me... i played the free trial for about 3 mins... was enough for me :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.