Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Like Amnesia? Being Scared? You should probably try Slender!

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By Bojangle

At the time of posting, both these download links were working!

Windows

Mac

I love horror games, but they genuinely terrify me. I only finished Amnesia because I muted the sound halfway through. So when I read about Slender which is based on the Slender Man mythos I had to try it, despite knowing it would probably give me nightmares. The premise is simple, you're in a forest with nothing but a flashlight and you need to collect 8 notes/pages/crazed scribblings before Slender Man gets you. Sounds easy, huh? Well yeah, you'd think so. The most I've collected is five. Once you pick up four the intensity picks up not only in the music, but in the frequency you encounter Slender Man, once you hit five notes you need nerves of steel to not panic. I dread to think how Slender Man reacts once you're on your seventh note.

If you're a fan of horror games, I urge you to give this indie developed nightmare inducer a try, you won't regret it. Or maybe you will.

Here's me and my girlfriend playing it earlier. Can you guess who screams the most?

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bojangle

At the time of posting, both these download links were working!

Windows

Mac

I love horror games, but they genuinely terrify me. I only finished Amnesia because I muted the sound halfway through. So when I read about Slender which is based on the Slender Man mythos I had to try it, despite knowing it would probably give me nightmares. The premise is simple, you're in a forest with nothing but a flashlight and you need to collect 8 notes/pages/crazed scribblings before Slender Man gets you. Sounds easy, huh? Well yeah, you'd think so. The most I've collected is five. Once you pick up four the intensity picks up not only in the music, but in the frequency you encounter Slender Man, once you hit five notes you need nerves of steel to not panic. I dread to think how Slender Man reacts once you're on your seventh note.

If you're a fan of horror games, I urge you to give this indie developed nightmare inducer a try, you won't regret it. Or maybe you will.

Here's me and my girlfriend playing it earlier. Can you guess who screams the most?

JYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JYoung

I was about 4 notes in thinking, "I'm a little nervous, but the graphics aren't great and the mechanics seem predicable enough that this isn't going to scare me that much." Then after that 5th one, I lost it. I've never played Amnesia, because my computer's really gotten worse playing games, but I would have a tough time with it.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By landon

Was literally about to post a blog about this requesting a quick look. This shit is exactly up Patricks ally. Patrick and Ryan Quick Look, please!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't think I'd ever be able to play this.

Scariest thing to me in a horror game is non-linearity... it's something you rarely see but moments when it occurs are just terrifying because I freeze up and don't want to do anything. Even though most of the game wasn't scary, I recall Resident Evil 4 when you were in the village and you came back out to the village center after night fell and you couldn't see a thing but you could hear enemies... I remember just sitting there for a long time not wanting to do anything.

I think this is a great idea for horror, non linear and dynamic stuff. Its a different level.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre

That was a pretty funny video and this looks like a pretty creepy game. Only thing that kind of detracted from the horror was the Slenderman himself. His texture and model don't look as good as the trees and such. He stands like his pants are about to slide off. Still super creepy though.

Avatar image for mom_i_cant_pause_it
    Mom_I_Cant_Pause_It

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

After beating Amnesia I thought I would be ready for most other horror games. I was so wrong. Only gotten to 5 pages as my max. Enjoy my reaction the first two times. Warning No No words were said

http://youtu.be/OqdtQL97M_M

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WMWA

I can't wait for Patrick to play this when he gets back!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Mom_I_Cant_Pause_It said:

After beating Amnesia I thought I would be ready for most other horror games. I was so wrong. Only gotten to 5 pages as my max. Enjoy my reaction the first two times. Warning No No words were said

http://youtu.be/OqdtQL97M_M

You were as frantic as I would have been and the part when you ran into him inside scared the shit out of me just watching. The other video wasn't like that for me gahhhhhh. "Well played" lol.

For those who are playing: is there a sprint key? The first video had the flashlight seeming to be lowered for a sprint but yours didn't.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Slender Man genuinely terrifies me after watching all the youtube videos. I'll stick to laughing at you guys since I'm much too scared myself :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't seem nearly as scary as Amnesia, but I will try it out.

Edit: I take it back. I was freaked out when I actually played it. Haha.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kerse

@Landon said:

Was literally about to post a blog about this requesting a quick look. This shit is exactly up Patricks ally. Patrick and Ryan Quick Look, please!

I hope they play it with the lights off if possible in the quick look room, wanna hear Patrick scream lol.

Avatar image for mom_i_cant_pause_it
    Mom_I_Cant_Pause_It

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ArtisanBreads: There is but people have been saying the more you use it your overall stamina will keep decreasing. Towards the end of my video you can see me attempt to run but the character stops very quickly.This was because I was just running from the start

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By FoolishChaos

horror games never demo well in a quick look format, sadly :(

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heltom92

Shit I'm pretty proud of the fact that I finished Amnesia by myself in the dark but I dunno if I want to play this lol

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bojangle

@Mom_I_Cant_Pause_It: Yeah it definitely seems like the more you sprint the less effective it becomes, which sort of makes sense I guess.

I'm seriously wondering if anyone has actually managed to find all 8 notes, as I said in my original post I've yet to get past five, and in other videos I've watched I don't 'think' I've seen more than six collected...

Another vote for a Patrick quick look, here!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Mom_I_Cant_Pause_It said:

@ArtisanBreads: There is but people have been saying the more you use it your overall stamina will keep decreasing. Towards the end of my video you can see me attempt to run but the character stops very quickly.This was because I was just running from the start

Well that's even scarier.

kumquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kumquat

Going to try it tonight.

I'm also going to tape together a few of my kid's diapers to wear while I play it.

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Philip

Where can we download this?

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Philip
    sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sofakingcool

There is no way I could play this. Maybe 5 minutes before I make excuses and do something else.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deusx

I can´t believe how much hype this game has gotten. It´s incredibly mediocre. Just like every other SCP game out there.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fishmicmuffin
    @Philip said:

Ok, it has a webpage.

http://www.slendergame.com/

Thank you for finding that! Saved me the trouble. I was sad when the download link was broken. 
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NickL

@FoolishChaos said:

horror games never demo well in a quick look format, sadly :(

I watched a stream of it for 5 minutes and it freaked me out, there is no story and the entire game is just to collect 8 pages before he gets you.

They could easily do a quick look for it but they probably wont.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mikewrestler5

I can't believe how terrifying this game is. I just got done playing it, and I don't think I'll be playing it again.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hatking

This is crazy. I have a couple friends responsible for making a Slenderman series. I don't follow the community, but they seem to have quite the following within it.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Tarsier

4chan.. . no thanks

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman

It seems terrifying but it also doesn't seem like a very good game. I guess that's maybe the point...?

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By matti00

I just downloaded this, but I doubt I'll be able to play it more than once. Those Youtube videos are a lot of fun to watch though, maybe I should just stick to that *scared face*

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By kindgineer

The sound is what really gets me in that game. The face is easy to deal with, nothing grotesque or out of order to really get under your skin. It's the added music and ambience that really gives me the chills. Page #5 is the absolute worse. However, the game stops being scary and leans more on annoying once you start putting more time into it. I find that the Slender-man is extremely cheap and nearly impossible to avoid in some portions - but I guess maybe that may be the point? Also:

You seriously fucking die no matter what you do. I know it's horror, but I don't like getting slapped in the face...
    Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bojangle

Just incase you guys haven't seen it, there's an 'unofficial' sequel to Slender out now, Sanatorium. It really is pretty much a map pack for Slender with a few changes. Yep, it's still quite scary, especially when drunk.

Since we recorded that there's already another map out, Hospice. Judging from other Youtube videos that also seems worth a download, if you like your horror of the Slender Man variety.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.