Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Logitech or Razer Setup?

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

Right now, Im playing my games with a Seitek Eclipse Keyboard and a Logitech MX518. which have both done me really good till this day. However I want a little more, and i have been considering upgrading my perpherals. 

At first I was looking into the logitech setup with the G9 and the up coming G19 keyboard along with the G35 headphones. 

The I tried my friend's Razer deathadder mouse and i really liked the feel of it. So i started looking into Razer and I was attracted by the Lachesis Mouse and the Arctosa Keyboard along with one of their $30 mouse surfaces. 

Overall which company and peripherals do you guys deem superior? I like the functinality of the G15 and techy looks and feels of the G9 but I also am attracted to the smooth feel and also great functionalities of Razer mouses.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well I own the Razer Deathadder and I must say I`m a little dissapointed, the mouse feels good but it just doesn`t feel like it was built to last, after owning it for almost a year it tends to make creaking noise's every click I make and for some reason the button's are starting to stick, and I have never spilt anything on it.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I prefer logitech, but that's not saying I think all of Logitech's gaming grade gear is good. I actually dislike the G9 quite a lot and use a G5 (link) myself. Unless you really want a wireless mouse I'd go G5. Plus the grippy texture that it's coated in is quite useful. A couple buddies also use the 1st edition G15 keyboard, which more or less now exists as the G11 without a LCD panel. Either or should rock. I've been using a Logitech Media Elite for 7 years and despite some nagging wear and tear, I cannot find another keyboard that has slanted keys the way this one does.

My opinion on Razor is they have nice looking products but I think they're overpriced.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By PowerSerj

If you end up going with Razer, get a Copperhead. I'm on my second one, and I never want to change mouses again. I tried the Lachesis, but it didn't feel nearly as comfortable as the Copperhead (Copperhead is longer and not as high.)

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maru

This will purely depend on your personal taste and feel.  Try out products from both companies and go for something that is more comfortable to you.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I always prefer hardware that is tough and can get banged around alot. For this, among other reasons, I prefer Logitech producs.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

I reviewed the Razer model a while ago.

Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse Review

The Razer DeathAdder is modeled on the Microsoft Habu internally but with some slight performance increases in some areas. It has larger 4 and 5 side buttons that are more tuned to gaming needs and feel so much better than those of the Habu. You can click four to five with one slick ball to tip movement of your thumb, which comes in very handy at times. The 1 and 2 buttons are made from a non slip rubber surface which is slightly concave and cup your fingers perfectly. The mouse wheel is very large and on the front decline of the perfectly ergonomic mouse, as a consequence it is even more comfortable to use. The mouse very good to use and it's precision and speed are unbeatable. It is perfection in your palm, and it feels like it. The mouse currently has the highest MouseScore Rating so far, it's easy to see why.

I would go for a Mamba if you can afford one.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Jayge_

I prefer Logitech to Razor. In this case, I do actually have a G9, and it kicks fucking ass.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpecTackle

Loving this Lachesis, got it a few weeks ago after using a Diamondback for 3-4 years.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

I'm a Logitech man myself, using a G5 right now.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkgoth678

thnx for the imput! right now it looks like more people are leaning toward the Logitech side, 

However I will go with Maru's recommendation and go to like compUSA or something to try these bad boys out.
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stevokenevo
    Hamz said:
    "I'm a Logitech man myself, using a G5 right now. "
    Me too.  That and a compact keyboard which is abit weird for intense gaming.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Razer DeathAdder or Lachesis for the mouse, Saitek Eclipse II or Logitech G15 for the keyboard.

Avoid the Razer keyboards.  They are okay, but not that great.
    andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By andy

I have a Razer Copperhead at home for gaming for the last 2 years.  It's solid.  Make sure you get updated drivers/firmware for the mouse.

Prior to that, I used a Microsoft 5 button mouse that felt good, but eventually threw it across the room when the batteries ran out of juice in the middle of a Counter Strike match.  I'll never use wireless again for gaming.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    andy said:
    "Prior to that, I used a Microsoft 5 button mouse that felt good, but eventually threw it across the room when the batteries ran out of juice in the middle of a Counter Strike match.  I'll never use wireless again for gaming."
    That'll teach you!!!  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lettuceman44

They are both good. They both have top of the line hardware, high dpi, etc.

It pretty much comes down to what feels better for you. We can't really help you there.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darkgoth678

Yeah the Lachesis seems a little too much for me, i mean 4000 dpi? come on, I have an MX518 right now and that goes up 1800 and i dont think i even go that high...

I'll look into the Deathadder some more if everyone says its soo fine...

jakob187 said:.
    "Avoid the Razer keyboards.  They are okay, but not that great."
    yeah i guess. My friend has the Arctosa and it felts good, no screen or Macro buttons but i dont use those anyway... plus I saw the Arctosa at newegg for like $45
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    jakob187 said:
    "Razer DeathAdder or Lachesis for the mouse, Saitek Eclipse II or Logitech G15 for the keyboard.

Avoid the Razer keyboards.  They are okay, but not that great.
    "

Which Razer keyboards have you had negative experience with?

I'm using the Lycosa currently an think it's pretty darn good.

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bioderm

I have to say logitech they make products that last.

I have a mx518 mouse that is still working even afther 5 years of hardcore gaming. My friend had one too but he likes to bash his mouse alot and it died in 3 years but he really like to bash thing.

I also have a G15 keyboard wich I really like, the lcd display is awesome you can get ton of informations on it. The macro keys are also very usefull you can program all sorts of things.

I have some logitech speakers 5.1 too, I cant remember the name but I pay less than 200$ for them and they sound great.

I have a logitech game pad that is playstation like it's a very decent game pad, I didn't pay much for it like 20$ but it's working great afther 2 years of use.
    aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By aegis_and_pred

I've had both throughout the years and I'm officially a Razer guy now.  They may not last as long, but when they do work, they are the most precise and comfortable gaming mice on the market.

Logitech DOES have a better warrenty policy, but Razer is not too far off.  Their products just melt in your hand when you find the right fit.
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By j0rdan

Ive only really had logitech and Microsoft, so I cant compare it to the Razors, but I can say I love my Logitech MX Revolution, my VX Revolution and my Bluetooth V470 although the V470 is abit small for gaming, the other 2 are awesome.

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zigaroo

I currently use a das keyboard and a Logitech MX518 that has worked for too many years to count.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunarbunny

I like my mice a bit on the heavy side, and I've typically had good experiences with Logitech products (I also have a Razer DeathAdder, which is not terrible but some of the construction just feels a bit cheap). Currently on my desktop I'm running a Logitech G7 mouse (you can't even tell it's wireless until you have to change the battery), Logitech UltraX keyboard (cheap but I like it), Logitech Z-640 speakers (inexpensive but good for the money 5.1 setup that's been discontinued), Logitech Extreme3D Pro joystick, and Logitech MOMO Force wheel (can you tell I like Logitech?)

Logitech's also released a number of new gaming peripherals recently - the G19, which is a successor to the G15 (G15 has a minimal resolution monochrome LCD while the G19 has a 320x240 color LCD), the G13 (similar to the Nostromo Speedpad), the G9x (higher DPI than the original), and the G35 (USB virtual surround sound headset)

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By j0rdan

Ive been looking at the G13, looks sweet, but just abit too expensive for what it is.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkgoth678
    Lunarbunny said:
    ")Logitech's also released a number of new gaming peripherals recently - the G19, which is a successor to the G15 (G15 has a minimal resolution monochrome LCD while the G19 has a 320x240 color LCD), the G13 (similar to the Nostromo Speedpad), the G9x (higher DPI than the original), and the G35 (USB virtual surround sound headset)"
    Do you know a date on these? I've eben cheking Newegg litely and they dont have them. I like the G35 the most out all. Prgramable Headset buttons?!?! I love that Idea! you could call an airstrike by pressing the headset! button =P
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us

I favor logitech products myself. The try before you buy idea is good though if you can.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkgoth678

hmm... Im kind of leaning towards the Deathadder mouse right now, at least right now a great price ($50).

All that razer really got me with with the Laxhesis was the Ultrapolling and insane tracking, the Deathadder has those so i think im ok. 

For now, ill keep my Seitek keyboard till i'm really in desperate need of a new keyboard or I have enough spare money

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I don't think it really matters about the mouse. It's the mouse surface that counts...and this is what I'd recommend you get:

No Caption Provided

Yes...those are wrist rests.
    lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lettuceman44

What......the.................o.0

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darkgoth678
    BiG_Weasel said:
    "I don't think it really matters about the mouse. It's the mouse surface that counts...and this is what I'd recommend you get:

No Caption Provided

Yes...those are wrist rests.
    "
    this has to be the funisest thing i've seen all year... you just made my day
    darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By darkgoth678
    Linkyshinks said:
    "I reviewed the Razer model a while ago.

Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse Review

The Razer DeathAdder is modeled on the Microsoft Habu internally but with some slight performance increases in some areas. It has larger 4 and 5 side buttons that are more tuned to gaming needs and feel so much better than those of the Habu. You can click four to five with one slick ball to tip movement of your thumb, which comes in very handy at times. The 1 and 2 buttons are made from a non slip rubber surface which is slightly concave and cup your fingers perfectly. The mouse wheel is very large and on the front decline of the perfectly ergonomic mouse, as a consequence it is even more comfortable to use. The mouse very good to use and it's precision and speed are unbeatable. It is perfection in your palm, and it feels like it. The mouse currently has the highest MouseScore Rating so far, it's easy to see why.

I would go for a Mamba if you can afford one.

"
    Good job on the review, This really helps and enclines me ever more towards the Deathadder. im probably sold 70 - 30 razer to Logitech ratio
    QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By QuattroRS6

I use a MS Sidewinder x5 mainly because i love the side button layout and it has a good feel and on the fly dpi switching for a keyboard i use a logitech g15.  I have used razer mice, headphones, and keyboards in the past.  I had a terrible experience with every single piece of razer stuff ive ever used.  Probalby just my bad luck because some people swear by their stuff. 
    Basically stick witih what you have had good experiences with in the past.

Vafthrutnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Vafthrutnir

I've used both and I stick with Logitech.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By warxsnake

mx518 is the best mouse ever with the shittiest paint job.

i use saitek keyboards (eclipse 2) and a saitek x52 pro flight stick and throttle.

for headphones, neither logitech nor razer are worth two shits. you want good headphones for a good price? get a turtle beach HPA2 5.1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.