Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Microsoft Word 2007

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demyx

Its been giving a lot of problems right now. Its acting fairly slow, and is slow to make changes when I type or backspace. No other programs on my computer are having the same problems.\

Ideas?
    whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By whackmypinata

Go to openoffice.org and download the client. It's a free alternative to Microsoft word, spyware free, and it's amazing.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Demyx

Sure thats great, but i already have word, and I'd like to keep using it.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

Reinstall is basically your only option buddy... Or do what whackmypinata said, as openoffice is totally free/open source and will most likely have more than enough functionality for you to make the most of it.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pazy

OpenOffice is the real solution but if you really want to use M$ Word (Communist!) then reinstallation is a good beat. Chances are its preloading way too much stuff and has a lot of stuff open unneeded. Try and see if you can deactivate stuff from it (never used that edition dunno where it is) probably in the tools/options bit at the top. Or reinstall, but chances are you will come back to the same probably in a few weeks. Get Open Office really, it works!

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By rob1101

been using open office for years on several differend OSes, wouldn't use anything else :)

dualityofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dualityofman

i apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but is openoffice compatible with regular office files like .doc and .ppt, and can you save them as thsoe?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I am still using  Microsoft Office 2003 with no problem

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Joru

I recommend a reinstall. Also open office is fine, but after using word 2007 I just can't go back to the gui of word 2003 / open office.

h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By h8smikemoore

since you cant do anything about closed source programs, really your only option is to download open office.

if ms word is messed up, its messed up and thats that. its probably bugging out trying to spy on your activity.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By DJ_Lae

Make sure you didn't install any of the indexing software that comes with Office 2007. Office 2007 itself is great, some of the addons are shit.

And I can completely understand not wanting to go back to OpenOffice after using Office 2007. I love the ease of use, especially with citations and keeping track of edits.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zeus_gb
    dualityofman said:
    "i apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but is openoffice compatible with regular office files like .doc and .ppt, and can you save them as thsoe?"
    Yes Open Office can open and save DOC and PPT files.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.