Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Mini TECH thread - Fitting new processor and cooling paste

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Rekt_Hed

Hi everyone.  Probably gonna make myself sound like a dumbass but im still new to the modding scene. :P

Just got a quad core processor and i hear people keep banging on about getting thermaltake fans and getting cooling pastes.

Ive only just got the 2.4 intel quad and it said u can overclock it to 3.00ghz straight outa the box but dont know if getting these pastes or fans is a good idea!!??

Also if im just gonna put this in as it is with the fan provided in the box do i need to get a paste to put on the processor??

Any thoughts or info from anyone would be great.  I really wanna get this thing plugged in and ready to go for the onslaught of new games comming out in the next couple of months :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.