Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Mods! What do you use?

jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jkmetal

Mods. One of the few things that is a mainly a p.c only asset. Give old games new life with graphical updates, experience the vision of an
    amateur developer for free. Play online in a game that is truly something different and worthwhile, for FREE!.  We all know about mods here, so lets get to it.

What mods you do use/have used.

Currently I'm enjoying

Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod Version 4 (last one supported by 32 bit windows. Massive texture update/sound, makes for a whole new half life 2 and ep 1 experience)
    Far Cry Addon Mod (changes/improves many things/ including graphics)
    Far Cry the Delta project  (hard yet visually outstanding conversion of far cry)
    Stalker Weather Overhaul with motion blur and other graphical enhancements  (very awesome)
    Oarl's Texture pack for Oblivion, Atmospheric Oblivion, Natural Environments and Weather + others for oblivion
    Brain Bread. (total, utter and mindless fun for half life 1 co-op/ multiplayer against endless hoards of zombies)
    Get a life (sweet/for half life 2 ep 2)

You?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Damn, now that you mention it, I don`t really have any, but I`m going to defiently get some when I have some time, for half life 2.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

FAR, FAR, FAR too many to name.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime

I haven't played many mods for single player games, but:

+ Team Fortress 2: A whole bunch of mods, such as an engineer one that allows you to pick up and move sentries. A scout one that sets a beacon on spies. A spy one that allows you to sabotage sentries (convert them to your team). A medic one that allows you to spread infections. A pyro one that allows you to plant hamburger mines. Also, a melee only mod.

+ Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: ETpub, True Combat Elite, Et Pro, Jaymod, No Quarter

+ Halo Combat Evolved: Generally the mods come via custom maps, but cliff mod (total reconfiguration with a bunch of teleporters and sky bases), a pelican mod.

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Decimator

The only few mods I've ever used are a few for Half Life 2 and a few for Counter Strike: Source, nothing more.

jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jkmetal

Wow, so few responses.

I mean come on, Counter Strike one started out as a mod. The new left 4 dead started out as a mod, hell all of those cool/funny half life 2/source videos, movies and whatnot where created with Gary's mod!.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By breton
    jkmetal said:
    Wow, so few responses. 
    Well, it's a pretty broad question. What mods have you used throughout any game on the PC? It would be a lot better suited for a specific game. As I'm not currently playing anything, it's hard to answer. I just know I most enjoyed modding Morrowind with a multitude of things, and GTA SA with.. what was it.. SAMP? There were two online multiplayer mods for that. I don't remember which I played.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By unclejohnny79

Dont really have any at the moment

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By xruntime

Are mods possible on consoles?

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Oh jeez. I have about 20 in Oblivion... Lets see. Off the top of my head: Open Cities, Darker Dungeons, Real Lights, Natural Weather, Better Imperfect Water, Qarl's Texture Pack 3, Qarl's Normal Maps, and lock bash. I also have the Cinematic Mod for Half-Life 2 but I don't use it anymore because I don't like what it does to the character models. Do custom config files in Crysis count?

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
    LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

I was crazy into Morrowind mods back in the day.

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Decimator
    Dr_Feelgood38 said:
    "Oh jeez. I have about 20 in Oblivion... Lets see. Off the top of my head: Open Cities, Darker Dungeons, Real Lights, Natural Weather, Better Imperfect Water, Qarl's Texture Pack 3, Qarl's Normal Maps, and lock bash. I also have the Cinematic Mod for Half-Life 2 but I don't use it anymore because I don't like what it does to the character models. Do custom config files in Crysis count?"
    Oh yeah, same here! I had a lot of mods for Oblivion, like ehmm; graphics enhancements, graphical user interface enhancements, lots of extra sidemissions, new armors, new textures and even a lot more. Plus all the expansions/add-ons ofcourse.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Demilich

TF2 Skins.
    STALKER with Float32 and Oblivion Lost.
    Oblivion with OOO and a heap of other shit.

Lots more.

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Schizoid
    JonDavis said:
    "I use Pepsiman on a regular basis but AmericanPegasus is growing on me."
    No homie love? Psh, what ever.

I have a couple of TF2 mods which replaces a couple of sounds and a bunch of gun replacements for Counter Strike Source.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Endogene
    xruntime said:
    "Are mods possible on consoles?"
    nope, except UT3 on pS3 if im not mistaking, dont know if that already launched however
    albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By albaker

Wow, I have none.........

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Ben_H

A few Oblivion mods but I mainly do tweaks to lighting and whatnot.  tweaked Bloom to look like HDR so I could have Anti-aliasing on(looks much better and runs smoother, though I've noticed a few things look funky and a few effects are disabled).

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Giantkitty

Schizoid seems to be the only mod who mods, so what are the other mods doing?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    jkmetal said:
    "Wow, so few responses.

I mean come on, Counter Strike one started out as a mod. The new left 4 dead started out as a mod, hell all of those cool/funny half life 2/source videos, movies and whatnot where created with Gary's mod!."
    left for dead was started when the developers of the game where playing counter strike 2 human players versus a full team of bots with knifes they thought it was really fun and updated and made it a zombie game 
    Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Josef_Nastra

I have played alot of mods through my pc gaming years but the ones i have installed now are among other things:

Oblivion Lost for S.T.A.L.K.E.R
    Stainless Steel 6.1 for Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms
    Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2
    Oscuro's Obllivion Overhaul, Martigen's Monster Mod, Natural Environments, Alive Waters and others for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
    Minerva Metastasis, Fistful of Frags, Age of Chivalry, Zombie Panic Source and Half-Life 2: Wars for Half-Life 2
    Xtended for X3: Reunion

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishan6

wow i should check out the cinematic mod 
    actually i kinda like the old textures 
    but the qarls texture pack is amazing i love it so much makes oblivion not something that makes my eyes hurt anymore 
    i also use lots of fallout 3 mods 

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I don't really use mods until the specific game is old and could use a graphics boost.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By august

Played through Diablo 2 for the first time and used the high-resolution mod. It doesn't work with multi but it makes the game look pretty sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oblivion: Ultimate Third Person Camera, Tamriel Travelers, Bedroll Estate, Alternate Start, Quest Award Leveling, No Psychic Guards, Immersive Interface, all I can think atm .

Fallout 3: Fellout, Alternate Start, Enclave Commander, Ammo Sorter, Sensible Dismemberment, More Where That Came From & Track Packs, Owned, Power Armor Training, Fallout Street Lights, Mr. Slackpants Decent Pipboy Light, who knows what else.  

Dragon Age : HD Tectures, No Starting Abilities, Autoloot, Extra Dog Slot, Skip The Fade. Haven't really played this one in a long time. 

Torchlight: Just the respec potion mod I think. 

I love game modifications.

lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lhaymehr

There arent nearly as much mods today as there were back in, say 1998. Each and every game released having at least 5 modding community sites with huge userbases and hundreds of  custom made tools ranging from save editors, texture converters, even full 3d modelers like say ZModeler which was originally a NFS editing tool. The Need For Speed community was the best in that aspect. Now if if the game has any DLC planned modding will be made as difficult as possible. Also, the kids now don't seem as much interested or capable to code up anything useful. :(  I'm old and rambling.

My current mods consist mainly of  fixing up controls in fking console ports. Also, Quake1 Tenebrae and Darkplaces, Quake2 Berserker, System Shock 2 Rebirth.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dipstick

m0res FPS config for TF2 (I guess that's a mod? D:  

Also,the dragon age mod that gets rid of the fade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.