monitor scaling issue

#1 Posted by rambostyrer (34 posts) -

I have a problem with my monitor that it by default scales the image to be "bigger" than my monitor. I can fix the issue through the nvidia control panel, but as far I can see all that it does is reduce the resolution portrayed on the monitor. (the resolution is 1824*1026).

I'm using a HDMI cable and my monitor is a Benq G2420HD with a native resolution of 1080p. My gpu is asus gtx 770 2gb oc

I had the same problem on my laptop, when i connected it to my monitor using the same HDMI cable, but i solved that problem by using a vga cable instead. (a format my gpu does not support.)

So I would like to know if there is a way to solve the problem without changing the resolution?

And can using such a weird resolution cause any problem in games that may not support that resolution???

#2 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1084 posts) -

I've had this issue when using nvidia cards and a fullhd TV as monitor but it doesn't cause problems in games, usually the weird resolution becomes one of the options when setting the display resolution in-game for fullscreen mode or you can just set as borderless window/windowed.

#3 Edited by Devildoll (831 posts) -

@rambostyrer: Im not that experienced with hdmi, but i'd guess it is trying to run some kind of overscan or some tv crap like that.

I'd suggest you buy a DVI-D cable and use that instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.