Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Mouse and keyboard on a couch...

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm getting back into PC gaming, but I've been spoiled by console gaming on a couch in front of 50' plasma. My PC is connected to my tv through HDMI and I use a wireless mouse/keyboard. Resting my mouse on the cushion next to me is fine for web browsing, but no so much for gaming. Any recommendations on comfortably using a mouse and keyboard without hunching over a coffee table?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Get an awesome chair, dude.

Best remedy for all couch potatoes :3

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I made a mousepad with a wrist rest attached to a chopping board, it was budget my did the trick. Im sure you could but a really sturdy mousepad that would do the same thing. My mate used to have a table level with the armrest and had it on the otherside of that. That seemed like a better option.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bishna

I heard alot of people liked The Phantom Lapboard when it came out, unfortunately they don't make em anymore. I would also be interested to hear of any peoples suggestions.

I have considered building my own set up with a slab of wood on an adjustable mechanical arm, but I am not sure my Futon could handle it, or if it would actually be comfortable.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

@Bishna: What?! Using a keyboard on a 20-degree angle sounds awful! No wonder they don't make them anymore. That sounds like a really annoying thing to try.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski

You can get a nice, large lapdesk as long as you don't mind your set-up sitting on your thighs.

I also game on my TV (from an Ikea recliner though, not a couch), and I have rigged this ghetto set-up using the Ikea Dave and the Malm Glass top.

No Caption Provided
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Swaboo

If you can put an extra couch cushion next to you, that might be high enough to mouse on. Thats how i'm setup. Mousing directly on the couch ended up hurting my shoulder but with an extra cushion its just the right height.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By FrankieSpankie

@Asrahn said:

This!! My chair is much more comfortable than my couch. I never understood why people love couches so much more than a good chair.

That being said, I don't know how you can game with wireless stuff. I'm fine with wireless but I refuse to go wireless on controls, especially mouse.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chrjz

@FrankieSpankie said:

@Asrahn said:

This!! My chair is much more comfortable than my couch. I never understood why people love couches so much more than a good chair.

That being said, I don't know how you can game with wireless stuff. I'm fine with wireless but I refuse to go wireless on controls, especially mouse.

You can get wireless mice nowadays that have less input lag than your TV. With that being said wired is always the way to go if you have the option.

As far as gaming from your couch, I just used a piece of wood big enough for my mouse and keyboard with a pillow underneath, to set on my lap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.