Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Mouse keeps locking up?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

For unknown reason my standard Dell mouse that came with my computer 5 months ago locks up. When it does this i can click and do things like that but i cannot actually move the cursor across the screen. Its plugged in properly. And it seems like it fixes itself when i pick up the mouse. I notice it alot in Call of duty, and it isnt fun when all of the sudden you are unable to aim. 

Is the sensor dirty or something? I'd love some help.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium

haha 

seriously I suck with CPUs, I am usually the one asking questions... 

But as my help to you I am bumping this topic.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero

You could try cleaning the lens. The mice they give you with those pc's are throwaway so I would suggest you just go to Walmart and get a Logitech mouse to replace it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Yeah maybe it's time to get a real gaming mouse instead. I have no idea why it's doing that, maybe there is a problem with the optical lazer.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

You could try cleaning the lens or crack it open to see if there are any loose connections in it. Otherwise just get another mouse since DELL standard mouses feel pretty awful to use anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf
    deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Try blowing the sensor carefully to take out any dust. if that does not work you can try reinstalling.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Geno

I've heard of similar problems and a possible fix is to change your pre-rendered frames. If you're using an Nvidia card go to your Nvidia control panel and change your pre-rendered frames to 6 or above; if that doesn't work try 2 or below. Also make sure that you're using the mouse on a clean, smooth surface. Hope this helps. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikemcn
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

Yeah maybe it's time to get a real gaming mouse instead. I have no idea why it's doing that, maybe there is a problem with the optical lazer.

"

Maybe, but this mouse has the perfect shoulder buttons for Call of duty, oh well...... time to move on in life.  
    I will attempt to clean it however, i just find it strange that it happened for no reason without me dropping it or anything.

I recall a similar issue with my old mouse, which ironically, i noticed while playing Call of Duty 2. Call of Duty must just hate Mice.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    My advice, get a Razer DeathAdder. 
    SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SilentCommando
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " My advice, get a Razer DeathAdder.  "
    This, I have one and its very good
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Griddler

Clean the sensor

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By korwin

Sounds like the optical sensor is cutting out, could be a faulty mouse.  Not wireless or anything is it? I had a Logitech G7 once upon a time that gave up the ghost after the receiver signal kept cutting out.  Just go grab a new mouse, they not exactly expensive or anything.  Give a Razor Diamond Back a go if your looking for a decent gaming mouse on the cheap.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mikemcn
    @Korwin said:
    "Sounds like the optical sensor is cutting out, could be a faulty mouse.  Not wireless or anything is it? I had a Logitech G7 once upon a time that gave up the ghost after the receiver signal kept cutting out.  Just go grab a new mouse, they not exactly expensive or anything.  Give a Razor Diamond Back a go if your looking for a decent gaming mouse on the cheap. "

Not wireless 

I'll have to start looking for a new one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.