Mouse Recommendation

#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

My cheap Logitech mouse is double clicking by itself so I'm looking to replace it. Any recommendations? I'd prefer wireless if at all possible. I was eyeing the Logitech G9X but I'm not positive.

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

Personaly I prefer wired, because then I dont have to replace the batteries. but I game with a $25 microsoft mouse.

#3 Edited by Shookems (474 posts) -
#4 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -

logitech g500

i'm using a g9x atm, my g500 kind of messed up so i wanted to try a new one out. I still prefer g500.

#5 Posted by Skyfire543 (675 posts) -

I got my mouse for 10 bucks from a local computer store. It's a Logitech M100. Simple 3 button mouse that works like it should,. If you just want a simple mouse it's perfect, but it's wired. I don't know if there's a wireless equivalent.

#6 Posted by Akyho (1594 posts) -

I use and love my Cyborg R.A.T 5 mouse.

There is four models. Rat 3 is very cheap and most of the functions. Rat 5 has more functions, The rat 7 all functions and Rat 9 is wireless.

However as you go up more expensive

Just look at it! And its comfortable!

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

I've got a G700 and I like it well enough.  It's got lots of buttons and you can switch your mouse wheel from clicking to smooth rolling.  It's one of the mice that the Giant Bomb guys used to race mouse wheels in that one video.

#8 Posted by DystopiaX (5297 posts) -

@Marz said:

logitech g500

i'm using a g9x atm, my g500 kind of messed up so i wanted to try a new one out. I still prefer g500.

Also using a g9x and recommend it, or a 518 if you can find it/prefer a bigger mouse.

#9 Posted by ShockD (2400 posts) -
#10 Posted by Korwin (2837 posts) -

I'm using a Razer Mamba 4G at the moment, it's pretty damn awesome. My previous mouse was a Logitech G5 which was pretty good but I've really taken a liking to the Mamba.

#11 Posted by TooSweet (381 posts) -

Logitech G500. Very happy with it.

#12 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -
#13 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

My Logitech is doing the same double-click thing. So now I have to be very careful to really HOLD the left button when I'm closing tabs in Chrome or messing around in Photoshop.

#14 Posted by Ben_H (3336 posts) -

I have a G9x, it's a great mouse. If you can find it cheap, go for it. If you want something super cheap, get a G1 off eBay.

#15 Posted by benspyda (2032 posts) -
#16 Posted by Octaslash (499 posts) -
#17 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

I'm liking my Deathadder a lot.

#18 Posted by theQman121 (86 posts) -

I'm using a SteelSeries Sensei, and I'm really enjoying it, but the Razer Deathadder and Naga are also both great, depending on what you play. The Naga Epic is wired and wireless, so you get the best of both worlds, but at a price. For gaming wired is considered best, but unless you're going pro, stick to what you love, I think.

#19 Posted by tourgen (4461 posts) -

I tried the higher-end logitech wireless stuff but I guess I have a lot of RF interference around. I could never get it to work reliably.

Got a razer deathadder right now and it's pretty great. the most reliable mouse Ive ever had and excellent sensitivity and resolution - so great for photoshop and CAD too. the blue LEDs are a little annoying but you can turn them off

#20 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Microsoft Laser Mouse (6000 is the model I have). Wired and tracks really well, but the wireless Microsoft mouse (wireless desktop 1000 kit) at my media center has also been amazing - and seems easier on the batteries than all the logitech wireless ones I've had. Although logitech also tends to make good products, so its more about finding the one that is comfortable to you.

#21 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -
#22 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

G400 isn't bad, now that the newer models don't have mouse prediction.

The IME 3.0 will always hold a place in my heart though.

#23 Edited by BlindRapture (106 posts) -

I have tried many different mice on the market but nothing is as comfortable and reliable to me as logitech mice. I have the G700 right now and I love it. At the very least, stay away from SteelSeries mice, they are utter trash.

Not only is it wireless, but you can plug it in for wired play and to charge at any time.

#24 Edited by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -
#25 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I'd go with the Razor Deathadder, get mouse.

#26 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

Razor Death Adder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.