Mouse/Mousepad Help

#1 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem. The current mouse I am using is the Logitech G400 gaming mouse, however, when I use it, my cursor keeps jumping around the screen. It's getting really frustrating and it's pretty much unusable. I was wondering if anyone had any input as how to fix the problem. I don't know if its just a matter of getting a good mouse pad or if the mouse itself is just defective. I researched and saw that other Logitech mice have had similar problems however it says that the G400 should not have this issue.

Thanks for the help guys.

#2 Posted by VipeR (107 posts) -

I would suggest getting a mousepad, are you using it on a rough surface?

#3 Posted by JCTango (1361 posts) -

Only thing I can think of is the possibility of debris being lodged inside the mouse compartment, or blocking the optical sensor area.

#4 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@JCTango said:

Only thing I can think of is the possibility of debris being lodged inside the mouse compartment, or blocking the optical sensor area.

This. I had the same jittery problem and looked at the laser lens area and found a little hair that got stuck in there. Once I got it out, all my problems went away.

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Mousepads are for suckers.

#6 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Check if there's dust interfering with the sensor. Blow some compressed air/clean the lens with some alcohol. If that's not the problem, treat yourself to a QcK+ or QcK Heavy.

#7 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Mousepads are for suckers.

Mousepads protect my mouse!

#8 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

@Jams said:

@JCTango said:

This. I had the same jittery problem and looked at the laser lens area and found a little hair that got stuck in there. Once I got it out, all my problems went away.

Pubes and mice don't mix.

#9 Posted by Jrinswand (1705 posts) -

When that happened to my old Logitech G5, I just called up customer support and they sent me a brand new G500. I love Logitech.

#10 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Logitech does have really good customer support from my experience. They aren't condescending during the problem identification portion of it and are certainly inclined to send you a new product.

#11 Posted by ch3burashka (5045 posts) -

Blow in the cartridge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.