Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Moving Steam to a new partition?

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By triple07

So after going through and messing with my hard drive I ended up creating a new partition for just my games to keep things organized a little better and to make sure I have room on my C drive so now I want to move Steam over which is where 95% of my games are. So here's my question: do you guys know a good way to do this? I remember Brad saying something about it on a podcast a while back but not what he said about it. I have a fast enough internet that I can just redownload the games I want to play but I don't want to lose all my save games. So for the games that use Steam cloud I think I'm fine but what about games like Stalker, Renegade Ops, the Witcher, etc? Is there a central place that the saves are stored or will I have to go through each game and find the saves?

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By szlifier
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

@triple07 said:

So after going through and messing with my hard drive I ended up creating a new partition for just my games to keep things organized a little better and to make sure I have room on my C drive so now I want to move Steam over which is where 95% of my games are. So here's my question: do you guys know a good way to do this? I remember Brad saying something about it on a podcast a while back but not what he said about it. I have a fast enough internet that I can just redownload the games I want to play but I don't want to lose all my save games. So for the games that use Steam cloud I think I'm fine but what about games like Stalker, Renegade Ops, the Witcher, etc? Is there a central place that the saves are stored or will I have to go through each game and find the saves?

Few games save to the install directory, most are documents. I think anyway.

Also this for the moving stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.