Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Multi monitors... with multi sound?

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

So i have my mulitple monitors set up fine. But I want to be able to have separate sound for each monitor.

How would I go about this? for example I have my TV which i run Windows Media Player through and have the speakers from the TV running off my external soundcard. I also have my USB headphones sitting here that I want to use on my desktop while the TV is playing.

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MonkeyGekko

Well, you either need two soundcards or two outputs, and then you need to somehow assign a soundcard or output to each of the applications you are running. For example I know it's possible to listen to music through a set of speaker and have a conversation with someone through a headset with Ventrilo.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @sodiumCyclops: It depends on your soundcard or onboard sound device.  Some realtek and Envy24 onboard sound system allow to you set two of the stereo 3,5mm 'heaphone' connector as individual inputs or outputs.:-

From another forum :
    "NOTE: Only works if you have a front input panel.
    1. Open Realtek HD Audio Manager if you can.
    2. Click Device advanced settings in upper right corner.
    3. Dot Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously.
    4. Click Ok."

So if you can do that all you need to do is purchase another soundcard to use along with your onboard.  Or just purchase two or more USB soundcard adapters. (there are cheaper ones than that but they are cheap and nasty and sound awful).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.