Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

My First Build: Speedforce

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Theme: The Flash

Currently I have my ROG Swift hooked up to my GPU and my second screen on my Onboard Graphics. I also have my Sony TV hooked up to my GPU but not enabled unless I'm using it, so as to not bog down my GPU. When I have friends over or want to use my TV as a monitor for videos and such, I enable it as my primary monitor. Painted the grills/mesh of my case yellow, as well as the shroud of my sound card. Added high density LEDs into the case (warm white with tamiya clear yellow model paint on the LEDs to establish a good yellow, if you're curious).

Wanted to keep a build log, but the build day was getting drawn out and I didn't want to annoy the friends that were helping me by constantly stopping and setting up pictures. If you ahve any questions, ask away!

Components

• Motherboard: ASrock- z97 OC Formula
    • CPU: intel- i7-4790k (OC 4.7GHz) (stock 4.0/4.2 GHz)
    • GPU: EVGA- GTX 980 ACX 2.0 (Custom EK water cooling; more below) (OC 1.45GHz) (stock 1100GHz)
    • MEMORY: ADATA XPG V2 16GB (8x2) (2400Mhz DDR3)
    • SOUNDCARD: Creative Sound Blaster Z (painted yellow)
    • SSD: Samsung - 500GB 840 Evo Pro
    • HDD: Western Digital - 3TB Black (7200rpm)
    • BACKUP: Western Digital - 4TB my book, external
    • CASE: NZXT - Phantom 530 Red (painted grills yellow)
    • PSU: EVGA- Supernova 850G2 (850watts, Gold efficiency rating)

Peripherals:

• MONITOR: Asus- ROG Swift (1440p, 144hz, Gsync) + 2 free samsung 1080p monitors
    • HEADSET: Sennheiser- G4me Zero 28000hz, 150ohm
    • MOUSE: Logitech- G502 Proteus Core (optical, multiple profiles, DPI toggle)
    • KEYBOARD: Corsair- K70 RGB (mechanical, Cherry MX Brown switches, RGB backlit)
    • *External Sound blaster mic & old iHome for speakers when not using headset

Cooling:

• RADIATOR: XSPC- AX360
    • GPU: EK- FC980
    • CPU: EK- Supremacy Evo
    • RESERVOIR: Monsoon- Dual Bay LED Reservoir
    • PUMP: EK- D5 vario
    • TUBING: Primochill- 3/8IDx5/8OD
    • FITTINGS: Bits Power- Red Compression
    • FANS: Akasa- viper (120mm for Rad(pull) & 140mm in the back(exhaust) and side(intake); stock 200m case fan up front)
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Loving your setup and that case looks pretty nice in red, mine is white with an i7 4770 and GTX 980. Your monitor is G-sync? Makes me wish I waited on getting my 1440p monitor before those things became more prevalent in the market.

Oh and welcome

No Caption Provided

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Yup, G-sync monitor. Thing is so fresh. Makes far cry look beautiful, but it also accentuates some its problems lol Can't wait until GPUs make 1440p easy to run and i can run flagship games at top settings and get over 100 fps

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, G-sync monitor. Thing is so fresh. Makes far cry look beautiful, but it also accentuates some its problems lol Can't wait until GPUs make 1440p easy to run and i can run flagship games at top settings and get over 100 fps

That will probably happen once we hit the next die shrink on the GPU side of things, shouldn't be far off.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hassun

Other than making the ventilation meshes the same colour as the yellow internals I do not have any advice for this (in the pictures at least, the yellow grills come off as looking fluorescent yellow/green). I love clean looking builds and yours sure looks clean.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hurricaneivan29: I don't mean to alarm you, but all that glossy red and yellow with no logos or symbols is reading more Iron Man than Flash to me.

Put a lightning bolt on that thing, son!

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@hassun said:

Other than making the ventilation meshes the same colour as the yellow internals I do not have any advice for this (in the pictures at least, the yellow grills come off as looking fluorescent yellow/green). I love clean looking builds and yours sure looks clean.

Oh, the yellow is very sunflower yellow. Pictures makes it come off neon, but it's the yellow you'd expect lol

@joshwent said:

@hurricaneivan29: I don't mean to alarm you, but all that glossy red and yellow with no logos or symbols is reading more Iron Man than Flash to me.

Friend of mine said the same exact thing. He said that the yellow line reminded him of Iron Man's eyes. I'm not a big fan of stickers, badges and decals... but if I could get a sweet lightning bolt to put on it, I just might lol

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Corevi
    @hurricaneivan29 said:

@joshwent said:

Friend of mine said the same exact thing. He said that the yellow line reminded him of Iron Man's eyes. I'm not a big fan of stickers, badges and decals... but if I could get a sweet lightning bolt to put on it, I just might lol

You could get a stencil and paint it on.

Rad build, super jealous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.