Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Need a new game ASAP

jacobdipspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys just wondering if you could help me out I am a super picky gamer and I have a love of games like Diablo 3 the run around hack and slash type of game where loot really does matter and the grind is actually fun but recently Diablo has seemed more and more like a chore rather than a game. I have played games like Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 but it either wasn't fast enough gameplay or loot seemed far and few between that actually mattered I was hoping that you could help me with this age old problem best regards Jacob Dipspit

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jeff loves Marvel Heroes, which in my experience is pretty alright. Titan Quest is a cool game, it's basically Diablo set in ancient Greece.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

You probably wont find any games to fill your need if Diablo 3, Path of the Exile and Torchlight 2 did not suffice. They are the best modern attempts at that genre and everything else is a step down even further than those.

I'm sorry to bare bad news.

jacobdipspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jacobdipspit

Yeah I was guessing so I don't know I am just having a hard time finding any games that I want to play lol the struggle is real guys. I am looking at the van helsing quick look and it really looks kinda fun I think I am gonna give it a try

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Check out Marvel Heroes, it really is a good ARPG. You don't even have to know anything about Marvel to have fun with it, and the Free to Play model isn't all that bad. Lots of people play it constantly and never spend a dime.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll put another vote in for Marvel Heroes. Its pretty fast paced especially depending on the character and build. It also has tons of loot dropping all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I really liked Titan Quest when it came out. It's still a pretty neat game. It's connected world gave me a feelings similar to dark souls in that you can see everywhere you've been in the main acts without a loading screen. Give it a shot. Marvel heroes is all right too.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If you don't mind playing older games, Sacred is a fantastic Diablo-like.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's time to branch out into other genres?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel Heroes

although I'd say try another genre. Like Stealth Bastard is under rated and it's free

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Play something that isn't like Diablo? Variety, duder. Shit gets boring without it.

CropHacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Baner Saga ;)

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Loafsmooch

Grim Dawn is in development by the same people who made Titan Quest. I bought into the early access and I totally recommend it.

The class system is similar to that of Titan Quest, but instead of 3 classes you choose 2 classes, mix n match as you want. Even though the level cap is only 35 right now I've played it for more than 200 hours, and there's still areas I have not visited. The third act and the fifth class are not even out yet but still, this game has more playability than most other games in the genre.

A couple patches ago they added a "roguelike" dungeon. Once you enter you can't leave until you beat it or die. Since I only play these games on hardcore it's thrilling as all hell.

Devs are constantly talking to players on their forums and they also get early input from streamers who get patches beforehand.

This game has a very bright future.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By chiablo

Divinity Original Sin might not be a bad choice. Or jump on the DotA bandwagon.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacobdipspit: @chiablo: If PoE and Torchlight weren't fast enough and loot drop heavy enough, Divinity is on the polar opposite of the spectrum. If Diablo 3 were Ace Combat, Divinity would be more like one of Drew's crazy flight sims.

OP might want to look into the Borderlands series for the fast paced, loot drop action he is wanting.

jacobdipspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre@cornbredx So do you have any recommendations for me I know that I could use some variety I tried Divinity but I didn't like the turn based combat and the CRPG aspect of it

jacobdipspit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: I tried the Van Helsing series I kinda liked it a little slow for me but still fun I would like some variety in my game any other good recommendations

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacobdipspit: Borderlands is pretty much first person shooter with diablo style loot.

I'm kind of drawing a blank if Torchlight 2 was too slow or loot light for you. Maybe look at Dungeon Siege 1/2? I didn't care for 3, but maybe you'll like that one.

If you have a PS2, Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate hack and slasher might do the trick.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zelyre said:

Divinity is on the polar opposite of the spectrum. If Diablo 3 were Ace Combat, Divinity would be more like one of Drew's crazy flight sims.

All the sequels to Divinity are very much classic cRPGs in the vein of Baldur's Gate, but the first one Divine Divinity (It's a dumb name and even the devs acknowledge that) plays EXACTLY like Diablo but with more dialogue and story.

Sarkahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like maybe you've already given up on it, but maybe give Torchlight 2 another try? I bought it a long time ago and never really got into it, but just picked it up again since I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a decent "grinding" game and I really feel like it's fulfilling that itch. It really is a well made game. Plus you can have a weasel pet that summons skeletons and shoots lightning. And that's just cool.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By schlorgan

Divinity Original Sin or Marvel Heroes, I'd say.

Or, if you haven't already, you should just play Mass Effect 2. ;p

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kinggiddra

This might seem a bit obvious, but you didn't mention it: Diablo 2.

I feel like Diablo 2 was the peak of ARPGs. If you didn't like Diablo 3 then Diablo 2 might be more your speed. I feel like it was itemized in a more interesting way and had a cooler overall atmosphere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.