Need assistance with using a PS3 controller on a PC

#1 Edited by LazyEkans (54 posts) -

So I think I made it to Step 7 http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/ps3-controller-on-pc-via-usb/2437/.

When I click on load driver the last couple lines of the log say,

"SUCCESS:Install MotioninJoy Driver Successfully.

INFO:Load Driver of 'Port:_#0002.Hub_#0004' completed."

I am assuming this would mean that MotioninJoy would then recognize my controller, yet upon returning to the "Profiles" screen the program doesn't seem to. I know I'm somehow missing a step, but can't tell what it is.

#2 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

One time driver install:

• 1. Start DS3 Tool
  • 2. Go to the Driver manager tab
  • 3. Select ""load driver"" followed by ""install all"" (The program will display a message in the log; telling you when its finished)

Using:

• 1. Afterwards hook up your PS3 controller trough USB and go to the ""Profiles tab""
    2. Check if the Connected game controller(s) tab properly recognises your dualschock controller
    3. Mark the ""Xbox 360 Controller Emulator"" option en klick Enable.
    4. Finish with the vibration test and DONT close the program, it needs to stay active in the background to work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.