Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Need Headphone Buying Advice

jnelsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry if this topic has been posted about before. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I'm looking to buy some new headphones for my pc. I want a mic-less pair of headphones that are good for gaming. The brands I've bought in the past were Skullcandy and Audiotechnica and they both ended up breaking after six months.

Anything 100 bucks or below would suit me well. If its below 50 even better. Looking for something that deadens outside noise, doesn't necessarily have to cancel it completely. I don't know a lot about the technicalities of headphones but I would like something that delivers good bass without overwhelming everything else. Basically whatever works well for the way game audio is mixed/presented.

Thanks for any input!

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

If you want surround sound then ignore this, but I got a pair of these for Xmas specifically for playing games and the sound quality is great. I can just about hear other people in the house whilst using them but only if I strain to, and the built-in volume control is handy.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a pair of Sennheisers HD-280 pro for about 2 years now, and they work wonderfully. They're 89.95 at amazon right now.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ch3burashka

If you wanna be mad balla get Astro.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've been using a pair of Qpad QH-90 for a while now. The mic is detachable, so you can use them as normal headphones in general but still have the option to plug a mic in. They are very comfortable with strong noise-canceling and pretty damn good soundquality for a gaming brand. Very recommended. I'm not sure about the price though, might go over a 100.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 14

I use these Sony headphones. The sound quality is surprisingly good for the price, and I've been really pleased. I'm not really an audiophile though... I just want good clarity with some noise dampening, which these give me. Plus the white is pretty sharp looking.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By GreggD
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Anything by audio technica.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about these Jeff Green-approved Koss PortaPros? I bought a pair after him raving about them, and they're pretty nice and comfortable.

sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a pair of Skullcandy headphones a few years ago. They still are decent, but I don't know if any of their newer stuff is good.

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buemba

Koss Porta Pro is a great budget choice. If you want to spend more (And have a decent sound card in your PC) you can probably find a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 for around US$ 150.00 or less - I've had a pair for a little over 5 years and they're are absolutely amazing, although you will have to replace the earpads from time to time since the pleather starts to flake after a while.

AT released an updated model recently (ATH-AD700X) which I imagine are even better, but I don't have hands-on experience so I won't vouch for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.