Need new sound emitter head device

#1 Posted by Detlik (4 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I suppose the thing I am looking for could be called headset or headphones, but I prefer to call them that way for now.

I heard a lot of bad things about headsets, that they are flimsily made, and don't have the sound quality of often much cheaper headphones, but then I heard there are some exceptions to that rule. And I was wondering if you are aware of some.

My budget is around 180 dollars (preferably under) ,and I am mainly looking for comfort and good build quality (so they wouldn't break on first accidental drop)

Thank you for your help.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
You mean like this?

#3 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

Are you looking for a gaming headset or one for music? Do you want a wireless or wired?

I am not expert in the field of headsets, but I believe someone here on the board can provide you with something useful.

#4 Posted by Detlik (4 posts) -

@ravenlight: Where can I get one?!

@wasabicurry: Well it will be used for both music and gaming, but I guess I would rather go for gaming headset. I don't care much about wireless/wired, whatever will be better for best price.

#5 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

Like this right?

#6 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

@detlik: I would say go search around on Amazon and Newegg. Additionally, read reviews from both professional and feedback sources.

I did find one that I enjoy.

Linky

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#8 Posted by Detlik (4 posts) -

Alright, thanks I will try to look for some this way.

#9 Posted by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

In my experience, you can't go wrong with Sennheisers. My twelve year-old HD 490s just died on me, and I'm pretty sure it's my fault for rolling my chair over the cable for the like the thousandth time. I could probably replace the cable (it detaches) and they'd continue on just fine, but maybe it's time I bought something new.

#10 Edited by Detlik (4 posts) -

@sinusoidal: I was considering Sennheiser PC 360, but I heard I will need good sound card with it...tempting, but I wouldn't be able to purchase on for quite some time...the sound card I mean.

#11 Posted by clush (417 posts) -

Get a clip-on/desk-stand mic (personally I'd go with clip-on) and some real headphones.

#12 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

@clush said:

Get a clip-on/desk-stand mic (personally I'd go with clip-on) and some real headphones.

This is exactly right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.