Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Build for friend - would like opinions

opp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By opp

EDIT: Changed the GPU

So I'm helping a friend build his first PC. This is the list of components I've put together, but I'd like som feedback since I'm also very new to this (only built 1 PC before). The PC will be used for gaming, and no overclocking will be done

PartProduct
    CPUIntel Core i5-3570
    MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, Socket 1155
    RAM8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    SSDSamsung SSD 840 Series 120 GB 2.5" OEM
    HDDSeagate Barracuda 1TB
    DVDASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24B5ST
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120M CPU Cooler
    GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA
    PSUCorsair TX 650W PSU
    CaseBitFenix Prodigy - Black
    OSWindows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM

I already have cooling paste, in case the CPU Cooler doesn't come with it preaplied. Also I have been told that in the Prodigy case it is better to have a non-modular PSU, which is what I've gone for. What I'd like to know is whether there will be som veird bottlenecks in this system, or if some of the components will not work together (Here I'm thinking the CPU and GPU - is i5 non-K enough?). Also I'm a bit worried if the graphics card will heat the case up too much.

Thank you for your time :)

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed you didn't mention how much ram you will be installing. I wouldn't go any higher than 8gb with your current build. Even that much is a little overkill for your rig. Having said that, my friend has almost the exact same build performance wise and is in love with it. (The obligatory BF3 frame check) easily runs BF3 in 1080 ultra at 50-60fps. Might have some trouble keeping up with next-gen systems but thats the glory of PC's, you can always worry about that later.

You shouldn't have any bottlenecking problems with your chosen CPU/GPU.

Neurotic_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you plan do any overclocking at all, or in the future, get i5-3570 K. Furthermore, I really like the build you came up with. It's balanced, yet a powerful build without throwing your money away on nonsense like 16GB of RAM, or a GTX 680.

I'd like to recommend a GTX 670 Signature 2. Idle and load temps are best in the 670 lineup. And it's a very fast video card. It's the best GTX 670 on the market. Techpowerup.com has an excellent review on it. Also, I have one myself and it's the best GPU purchase I've made.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.