Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Pc building tips??

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Okay, i figure its time to finally jump ship to pc. This will be the first time ill get back into pc gaming since my days playing red alert 2, been a while. So, basically im embarking on a first time build (no first hand experience building a pc), aaand was wondering if there are any major pitfalls i should be aware of, as well as any genral tips to not screwing up ma parts (like is it a bad idea mobo on the antistatic bag etc...) orrr am i overthinking this and is it just exspensive lego im dealing with?

also really dont like the idea of having to troubleshoot problems, is this a common occurance? is it easy to tell which (if any) parts are faulty?

so anyway if nothing comes to mind heres the build, please point out any glaring mistakes if any, and/or and minor improvements i could make, thanks;

CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz

MOBO:Asus P8Z77-V PRO Z77

(^ overkill?)

RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

GPU:Sapphire HD 7950 3GB

HDD:Seagate 1TB Barracuda 3.5" SATA-III

PSU:Corsair TX 650W V2 PSU

CASE:Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus

OPTICAL DRIVE:Samsung SH-222BB 22x

COOLING:Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2

£850-£900 build for gaming and MAJOR photoshop work (large digital painting stuff) thats all.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

I would recommend you to change is the PSU. Better go with a 750W in case you decide to upgrade or add. Probably add an SSD. I know I am planning to get one real soon. The rest seems solid enough.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Why not Nvidia?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

@AhmadMetallic: AMD cut prices this week and a 7950 is cheaper than a 660 in the states now. So it's a pretty sick deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.