Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Help

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

I'm thinking about buying some stuff to upgrade my PC so I can finally play some newer games on max settings , I was wondering if it would be easier for someone like me who hasn't ever installed anything into his pc to just take it to some PC repair place to get it all installed or if it would be easy enough for me to do myself. Also, thoughts/suggestions about this stuff?

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By bjorno

If you can put your own underpants on, then you can probably install Those three components.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

If you're not sure what is what just read the manuals. All hardware usually comes with very detailed documentation that walks you through it. You shouldn't have a problem. The one that would probably be the most difficult (relative to the other parts) to install is the CPU.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime

I totally advise against getting an AMD processor - they're pretty much out of the running for this generation's dual core processors.

The 9800 GT is a good buy, but you may want to consider the HD 4850 for about $30 more.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Other than the motherboard, installing computer parts are as simple as putting the part in the right slot. If you need help, just ask someone here or something, no need to waste money on something so simple.

A tip: Ground yourself by touching the metal before touching any parts. It's very unlikely, but you could screw up the components if you've been wallowing in the carpet with your dog or something. Also, I unplug the power supply before messing with anything.

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DrVanNostren

Yeah, you can definitely install all those with no problem. I bought everything for a computer and put it together a few weeks ago, and those three things were probably these easiest components to install. And I'd never done anything like build a PC before either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.