Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Now Supports Xbox One Controller!

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cerberus3dog
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

So long 360 Controller.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm...How much do XBox One controllers cost? I've been using the same Windows 360 pad for like 5 or 6 years now and it's finally starting to feel like it may need replacing soon, sticking buttons and all that. Are there really any improvements over the 360 pad other than the superior d-pad (which is certainly nice, though not necessary by any means)?

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

@cerberus3dog: The Xbox One wireless controller just needs a micro-USB to USB cable to connect to your computer.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Did anyone try it yet? Does it just show up as a regular 360 controller in older games? That would be amazing.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

@sbaitso: Once you feel the stick on the xone controller the 360 sticks feel like complete dog shit. Triggers feel better. It's just a overall better controller.

@rvone said:

Did anyone try it yet? Does it just show up as a regular 360 controller in older games? That would be amazing.

yes it works on any game that the 360 supported

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaLe

Just tested it with Dark Souls 2 on Steam and it works flawlessly.

Edit: Tested it out with GRiD to see how the rumble would work. Seems fine, except there was a slight constant pulsation even on straights. I can't remember if that happened with the 360 controller.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbaitso: Once you feel the stick on the xone controller the 360 sticks feel like complete dog shit. Triggers feel better. It's just a overall better controller.

@rvone said:

yes it works on any game that the 360 supported

YES! I'm going out to buy one this weekend! Thanks for confirming.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool! I kinda wanna get one but I'm going to have to apply the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality to this. My 360 controller is getting the job done...for now!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By mike

Xbox One controllers uses some version of WiFi Direct and will not work with the Xbox 360 wireless dongles. Keep that in mind if you're planning on buying a wireless one. You can still use Micro USB, though.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, time to make an investment in a new controller. RIP 360 controller. You were an amazing controller for the past 5 years I used you.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome, although I'm getting an Xbox One in the fall I think I might pick an extra one up.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DrZing

Finally. I'm sick of dying in Dark Souls due to the fucking 360 d-pad changing weapons on me accidentally. Bummer about wireless but I can manage. Does it work without batteries if plugged in?

Ok Sony, your move. DualShock 4 is soo much nicer than anything else, pity the community drivers are too buggy for me to deal with.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long 360 controller. You served me well.

C'mon Sony. Get your drivers out. The DS4 is my preferred controller and i would love to use that on my PC.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

Xbox One controllers use WiFi Direct and will not work with the Xbox 360 wireless dongles. Keep that in mind if you're planning on buying a wireless one. You can still use Micro USB, though.

So there's currently no way to connect one of those controllers to a PC wirelessly? I guess I'll wait or just get a PS4 controller

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'll stay with my wired 360. The One controllers are awful IMO.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@mb said:

Xbox One controllers uses some version of WiFi Direct and will not work with the Xbox 360 wireless dongles. Keep that in mind if you're planning on buying a wireless one. You can still use Micro USB, though.

So there's currently no way to connect one of those controllers to a PC wirelessly? I guess I'll wait or just get a PS4 controller

I edited my comment a bit. I'm not even positive that the Xbone controller uses standard WiFi Direct, it may be a proprietary version that will require a Microsoft dongle to work.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Even though I was a bit down on the XBO after all the reports of games running worse on it, I just might come around. Haven't bought either console yet cause there were no must have games I couldn't just get for PC - but gotta say, Microsoft has been making a whole bunch of small moves to improve their products and appease the fans and maybe in the end the One will be the more progressive of the two new systems.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't see any reason to switch personally. Now if it had a built in rechargeable battery, I'd happily await the new wireless dongle and then pick up both.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if I plug it in to the PC, then unplug it will it still be synced to my Xbox? I love using the 360 wireless controller with the dongle, but resyncing is a hassle, doubly so considering that when going from 360 to PC it turns the console on every goddamn time I want to sync it. I still don't know why holding the sync button on a turned off 360 controller doesn't start the search without turning on the console.

Even if the One controller does disconnect from the console, I suppose that the Kinect resync option would eliminate some of the annoyance.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Alrighty. As soon as they make a batarang xbone controller i'm in.

Until then does anyone know anything about when ps4 controller has support, or if that's something that is even worth waiting for.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DrZing
    @drzing said:

Does it work without batteries if plugged in?

Answering my own question, yes it can be powered over USB. That's pretty useful and helps keep it light.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By AndrewB

Until I have a wireless solution...

$500 Dead Rising 3 machine and I'll be sticking with the 360 controller. I don't own a micro usb cable long enough to make using it corded as viable as using it wireless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.