Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Pc parts in Uk, also rate build

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders, was thinking of buying a custom built PC or perhaps building myself.

First of all how does this look with a Hd7970 that i already own

Case

FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)

AMD FX-8350 Eight Core CPU (4.00GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)

Motherboard

ASUS® M5A97 LE R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)

Memory (RAM)

16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)

Graphics Card

NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk

2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply

CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS®

Secondly if I was to buy the parts myself where in the UK is the place to go Im looking at Amazon but is there a cheaper site?

Sorry if this comes out looking wonky using the custom browser we have at work and it does not like this website.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I use Overclockers UK.

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
    TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

Scan.co.uk is the cheapest place. Sometimes £10-15+ less than the competition. They also do "Today Only" deals with significant savings.

That machine is great though, you could save a fiver and get 8150 and overclock it, that's what most people do but price difference isn't much.

Not sure how much the Kingston SSD is but personally I'd go for the Samsung 840 EVO, the write speed is lower but it handles incompressible data and random read/writes far better than the Kingston so in real world even though its slower on paper it would be faster in general tasks.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I'd suggest a mixture of Scan and Amazon for parts. If you can be bothered, if you post 20-25 times on the "Hexus" forums, you can then link the account to one on Scan and get free next day delivery forever (or at least, going by my account, for more than a year)

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I used ebuyer about 2 years ago and I was happy with them. They seemed about as cheap as I could find for most stuff, and I used amazon for the rest. Things might have changed though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629f50471b512
    deactivated-629f50471b512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon and Dabs.com are what I used for parts, great service from both.

I have the same motherboard, it was really cheap but does the job; it might be worth spending more if you want to overclock or anything like that. It doesn't have USB3 headers so the USB3 ports on the front of your case will be effectively USB2. The board has 2 USB3 ports on the back though.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By VACkillers

good build... there are several places to go for the UK.... I'll list the absolute best ones I would suggest you go....

ScanPC

Dabs.com

Ebuyer

cclonline

either one of those sites will suit your needs, personally I think scan.co.uk is the best one though. For a pre-built custom machine the only place I would ever go in the UK would be http://www.cyberpowerpc.co.uk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.